Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

13 minutes ago, STLcoasters33 said:

There’s so much busy work to do in the station area haha. I would think we would start seeing track work on the bottom of the first drop at the same time they start on the lift? A few more weeks and this thing’s really gonna start to take shape! 

Yeah I'm interested on that. I always thought the station took shape after track was completed. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Yeah I'm interested on that. I always thought the station took shape after track was completed. 

I am sure there is a reason behind it.

Does anyone else see all the wasp's flying around the cam lol i'd hate to have to go repair the cam right now lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Well then the camera should be called "Wasp Cam" lol. 

No even better! Name the coaster to Wasp 287 lol

how about this...….. Wasp -XL 300 lol

A truck just pulled it and went to yellow crane but its not supports or track. It is a enclosed trailer.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

A truck just pulled it and went to yellow crane but its not supports or track. It is a enclosed trailer.

Hmmm I wonder what's in it! Is it a drop track, a backwards launch, and inversion..... or maybe all three! As long is it's not something dumb like a screen and a couple of lights I'm pretty sure it'll be amazing! #WhatsintheTrailer

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, CoastersRZ said:

Keep in mind that the two cranes that are presently on site, are not tall enough to lift the tallest points of the lift hill in place.  Remember how tall the crane was for Diamondback`s lift hill...

Yes big red! haha I wonder when we will see that crane on site and being put together?

• Like 2

I am sure we will only have that crane on site for a week if that. I think if I can remember for CP's Valravn, it was only "up" for a short amount of time. It was longer then a week so maybe my prediction is way off.

Also why does that truck keep changing colors lol It started off rust red and then went blue and now back to the red.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I am sure we will only have that crane on site for a week if that. I think if I can remember for CP's Valravn, it was only "up" for a short amount of time. It was longer then a week so maybe my prediction is way off.

Also why does that truck keep changing colors lol It started off rust red and then went blue and now back to the red.

LOL, it has a blue top that was thrown over the side. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Ahhh yes I see now haha thank you lol

Now what did it deliver. There is something big sitting in front of yellow crane.

BOLTS.  Lots and lots of bolts.  For a coaster this size, you'd probably need a full truck of nuts and bolts.

Must be quitting time for the day.  About 10-15 vehicles are all leaving at once, lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kingshaven said:

If it was Nuts and bolts they wouldnt have used the crane to offload.  Would have used a forklift of some sort

Agreed. There is something on the ground in front of good ol yellow crane.  I can't make out what it is at all but its big.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I'm guessing the crews don't usually do much on the weekends because I didn't really see them do much on the weekends. 

Millennium Force is 310 feet tall lol. 

I was at CP this weekend, and I took my own pic of this, so here is more proof this is real:

CEeC4_UzCJ5Pj3jvfJEJBcCxlXWWm-nZjI0qAE64

Also yeah I dunno why they have Millennium Force listed at 312, everything else I have read says 310. There was a 2nd tank that referenced Cedar Point's Jumbo Jet as well but I never took a pic of it.

Edit: Oops, forgot the quote the OG pic, and not sure how to add it in now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CoastersRZ said:

Keep in mind that the two cranes that are presently on site, are not tall enough to lift the tallest points of the lift hill in place.  Remember how tall the crane was for Diamondback`s lift hill...

It took me awhile to find this, but here is a picture of the crane used to build the lift hill for Diamondback from November 2008. Even though the crane for Diamondback is going to be smaller than the one that will be used to build Orion, I think this gives a perfect idea of what kind of crane(s) will be needed to complete the coaster.

Image result for diamondback kings island construction

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Klabergian Empire said:

It took me awhile to find this, but here is a picture of the crane used to build the lift hill for Diamondback from November 2008. Even though the crane for Diamondback is going to be smaller than the one that will be used to build Orion, I think this gives a perfect idea of what kind of crane(s) will be needed to complete the coaster.

I love pictures like this. This same crane was used on Valravn as well.

Screen shot 2015-12-12 at 12_59_36 PM.png

Pic by - Newsplusnotes.blogspot.com

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Klabergian Empire said:

This shows how much Diamondback could use a repaint. The colors are so bold. The Eiffel Tower and Drop Tower look really nice in this picture as well.

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

This shows how much Diamondback could use a repaint. The colors are so bold. The Eiffel Tower and Drop Tower look really nice in this picture as well.

yeah some of the coaster / rides at KI def need a paint job. Diamondback looks amazing so bright.

• Like 5