Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

7 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

This shows how much Diamondback could use a repaint. The colors are so bold. The Eiffel Tower and Drop Tower look really nice in this picture as well.

Before it was demolished, Firehawk desperately needed a paint job, so did flight deck before they repainted it.

• Like 3

Just now, FUN&ONLY! said:

The Racer needs a repair too in my opinion back to the original colors, but I am assuming that will come in 2022 for the ride’s/park’s 50th anniversary. Don Helbig mentioned repainting The Racer is on their to-do list.

Oh yeah thats right. And I totally agree Racer needs its original colors back.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Yeah that would be great.

I'd like to see Vortex get a fresh coat of paint. The orange is very faded. If they coaster is going to stay for a while.

I agree, Vortex has faded from navy and orange to dark bluish green, and yellow.

• Like 2

Well I took the crane picture myself soooooo does that make it mine and not need to source myself? :lol: this is getting wild in here.  People can't even post their own pictures without being said to mark the source? I will make sure when I post a picture  that I took I will start the post off with " I TOOK THIS PICTURE". I would understand if I was a repeat offender but nay that's not me! lol I understand.

* Transfer track has been moved back over to the shed.

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, KI FANATIC 37 said:

People acting like pictures are their homes and wives. 

I doubt anyone here is making money off their pictures.

Exactly.  The other people using photos without permission rule only stipulates you can't use someone else's photos to make a profit.  NOBODY here is making a profit off of using someone else's photos unless they are taking those photos to another site.

• Like 5

But copyright is a big thing to respect even if you aren't trying to make money off of it. As a HS student and going to a rigorous school, we are learning the importance of citing sources if using someone else's ideas. So it's important to provide a link to the original source so you can show that you understand it is not your photo so that you don't infringe their copyright. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, KI FANATIC 37 said:

People acting like pictures are their homes and wives. 

I doubt anyone here is making money off their pictures.

If we're talking memes, yeah sure, I guess it's no big deal. But...

One of the reasons this is a rule is because we have members here who have had their photos copied and shared with zero credit and sometimes with the addition of a watermark, implying that it's original content. It's a huge deal for content creators, even for hobbyists who make no money from it. I run a movie-related website where I occasionally post movie reviews/articles and this is one of the reasons why I started listing a film's credited still photographers when I post productions photos on the social media accounts. Because very few ever seem to do that on similar accounts and the photographers deserve to be credited for their work. 

It only takes a moment to credit a source and drop a link. In one member's case, they go through the effort of taking photos from charted flights, so yeah, respectfully, it's kind of a big deal. 

• Thanks 2