Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

4 minutes ago, Beast Night Rider said:

Looks like a truck is delivering a couple more big supports! And this may be a dumb question but where is the station going to be? Will it be where the first piece of track was installed? 

Yeah the storage shed is to the left of the station. The first piece of track will be right before it starts to lift up.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Beast Night Rider said:

Looks like a truck is delivering a couple more big supports! And this may be a dumb question but where is the station going to be? Will it be where the first piece of track was installed/yellow floor area?

Yep, that first piece of track that was installed will be where the station is.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Joshua said:

If we're talking memes, yeah sure, I guess it's no big deal. But...

One of the reasons this is a rule is because we have members here who have had their photos copied and shared with zero credit and sometimes with the addition of a watermark, implying that it's original content. It's a huge deal for content creators, even for hobbyists who make no money from it. I run a movie-related website where I occasionally post movie reviews/articles and this is one of the reasons why I started listing a film's credited still photographers when I post productions photos on the social media accounts. Because very few ever seem to do that on similar accounts and the photographers deserve to be credited for their work. 

It only takes a moment to credit a source and drop a link. In one member's case, they go through the effort of taking photos from charted flights, so yeah, respectfully, it's kind of a big deal. 

100% agree. I meant no disrespect to anyone. I was just simply trying to promote a more enjoyable environment, but you are correct in regards to how it is not the right thing to do. 

Now back on topic :)

Edited by KI FANATIC 37
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

You can see the base of the lift footer here. The next piece added to the front would be the start of the lift hill.c1a982f861180323a8f12a2de2b993a9.jpg

There is actually one more long piece that goes in front of the station track labeled "L1" before the incline of the lift hill begins.  You can see it on the POV video and the blueprints.  The angled piece that begins the lift hill starts after the footer circled in red.

I think the most massive support yet just pulled in.  Thing is wider in diameter than the cab of the truck!

• Like 7

How fast does new cement take to harden?  Because's they're already out there walking on it..
Oh, and BTW, they've slid the transfer track back over to its original position for now.

Depends upon the cement and what it’s used for.

Was it cement or concrete? There is a difference.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Joshua said:

In one member's case, they go through the effort of taking photos from charted flights, so yeah, respectfully, it's kind of a big deal. 

I still think its amusing when people try to claim my pictures as theirs. First, almost everyone knows who is taking them. Second, you must really be ignorant to think the original photographer and other users wont notice. Third, you must have a good photographic memory to take the picture exactly like I did. 

Yes, it takes alot of time, fuel, planning, and so on, just to get a few pictures to satisfy people. We don't get paid to take the pictures. It's an expensive hobby. Again, expensive, just for others to enjoy. 

@LovinMeSomeBanshee There are actually two pieces. I'll grab an image in a sec, and circle the two pieces. Photo_1568746523990.jpg

I cant locate the long piece before this one, but there are indeed two pieces. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

I’m guessing until they can get the lift hill cranes and all the lift hill pieces they won’t start on it. It has to me the most expensive part of erecting it.

They can continue to work on the station, brake runs and transfer track. That probably requires a lot of little bits and pieces to make it all work as well as wiring and mechanical systems.

• Like 2

Just now, fyrfyter said:

I’m guessing until they can get the lift hill cranes and all the lift hill pieces they won’t start on it. It has to me the most expensive part of erecting it.

They can continue to work on the station, brake runs and transfer track. That probably requires a lot of little bits and pieces to make it all work as well as wiring and mechanical systems.

I'd say the second hill and the turnaround will likely require the use of those big cranes also.

• Like 1

I'd say the second hill and the turnaround will likely require the use of those big cranes also.

Maybe. I remember in the Fury documentary that they said it took 7 cranes at once, three of them being huge to do the lift hill. One for the piece, one to hold the track and one to hold the workers.
  • Like 4