Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

10 minutes ago, Kingshaven said:

You would think they would start moving some of the deliveries further up that way they don't have to move the pieces so far

When Clifford gets there it won't matter lol I know its not used to move all of that stuff but maybe they need the space for putting up Clifford and supports.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

When Clifford gets there it won't matter lol I know its not used to move all of that stuff but maybe they need the space for putting up Clifford and supports.

I think there is plenty of room to assemble clifford where it needs to be and have some of the pieces along the treeline/road.  And after haunt is over that they will start putting pieces on the other end of the work site

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CedarIslander said:

I've been trying to calculate how tall the start of the break run is... from what I could figure out, the breakrun itself may be taller than The Racers' lift hill. Between 90 and 100 feet? Am I way off? 

According to the blueprints, the top of the brake run is at 825.7' elevation, and the ground below is is roughly 740'ish.  The station is roughly 740'.  So approximately 85, 86 feet tall?

Edit:  I was close - Kings Island cites the last hill coming into the brake run as 83 feet.

Height of Hills: 287 feet, 174 feet, 202 feet, 56 feet, 147 feet, 125 feet, 90 feet, 83 feet

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

According to the blueprints, the top of the brake run is at 825.7' elevation, and the ground below is is roughly 740'ish.  The station is roughly 740'.  So approximately 85, 86 feet tall?

Edit:  I was close - Kings Island cites the last hill coming into the brake run as 83 feet.

Height of Hills: 287 feet, 174 feet, 202 feet, 56 feet, 147 feet, 125 feet, 90 feet, 83 feet

Awesome! Thanks for those figures!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

I really wish the brake run wasn’t so high. It just looks odd. My only complaint about this new ride. 

As I understand it, that is the trade off for not having a mid-course brake run.

I think most of us would prefer the higher brake hill than a MCBR

• Like 11
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Well hey it could be worse though! We could have the brake run going overtop another coaster lol! 

Image result for leviathan canada's wonderland

Source: 

I don't mind tall brake runs, call me i'm crazy, but they actually look good to me. I don't think I could say the same about being on the brake run though.

• Like 5

I think it looks cool as well. I have never really been on a break run that high. Fury's is the tallest for me. Its tall but not 85 feet tall lol

Also it seems as if work is done for the day for yellow crane.  I still see welding taking place in the shed area.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I think it looks cool as well. I have never really been on a break run that high. Fury's is the tallest for me. Its tall but not 85 feet tall lol

Also it seems as if work is done for the day for yellow crane.  I still see welding taking place in the shed area.

I found this picture on Wikipedia while looking for Leviathans break run height, I couldn't find the height of the break run, but I would love to see similar lighting on Orion except with lift LEDs.

Source: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Leviathan_overview.jpg

Levi at night.jpg

• Like 3

Just now, Kodistict said:

I found this picture on Wikipedia while looking for Leviathans break run height, I couldn't find the height of the break run, but I would love to see similar lighting on Orion except with lift LEDs.

I would LOVE led's like Fury and Raptor have going up the lifts!

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I wonder if they have to push it manually and how that's done? The electric / motors can't be installed yet right? I wonder if they have one of the cherry pickers or lifts push or pull it or if they can just push it since it can slide?

I've never seen them move it on the cams, but I assume they move it by crane or something.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kodistict said:

I've never seen them move it on the cams, but I assume they move it by crane or something.

That's the thing is white crane hasn't moved all day really.  The transfer track is moving not by crane but maybe by a dozer pulling it or by some men pushing it.

• Like 1