Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

7 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

That's the thing is white crane hasn't moved all day really.  The transfer track is moving not by crane but maybe by a dozer pulling it or by some men pushing it.

LOL, men aren't pushing that thing.  You'd need many dozens of men to push it, lol.  I think there's a lift of some sort behind it that they probably used.  I doubt the hydraulics are installed yet to move it mechanically.

Edit:  They're moving the darn thing again right now.  How, I have no idea.  I don't see a crane or a lift or anything moving it.  I didn't think there's any way the hydraulics were already installed, but who knows.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

LOL, men aren't pushing that thing.  You'd need many dozens of men to push it, lol.  I think there's a lift of some sort behind it that they probably used.  I doubt the hydraulics are installed yet to move it mechanically.

Edit:  They're moving the darn thing again right now.  How, I have no idea.  I don't see a crane or a lift or anything moving it.  I didn't think there's any way the hydraulics were already installed, but who knows.

It’s the force!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/12/2019 at 12:06 PM, JonahWilliamson said:

Unpopular opinion: I liked Invertigo's old colors more. Maybe its the nostalgia idk

I've always wondered why I'm not a fan of Invertigo's current colors too. Red and Yellow certainly was what I had been familiar with growing up, but I think there's more to it than that...

The having two different shades of the same color on a coaster just isn't a good idea imo. Its for this same reason I've never been particularly fond of Leviathan, Stinger, Raptor, Hydra, or Kingda Ka's schemes.

The supports and track need distinct contrast, which thankully Orion will have quite nicely.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I was thinking, I know this probably won't happen, but what if they put in a planetarium next year to go along with Orion! Maybe to show Orion's belt! Heck! Maybe they could convert Action Theater into a planetarium! 

Anything would be better than the nothing that it is right now.  (Yes, I’m aware it’s a Haunt attraction for 4 weeks out of 52)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

I'm pretty sure they are electrically driven motors, not hydraulically. So, theoretically, a big enough generator could provide the "power" to them. 

• Like 3

Diamondback they started on the lift hill very soon. The building process builds big Hype. If the GP walk into haunt and start seeing track peek up over that fence for the sky its going to get people excited. Im sure that isn't part of the schedule or plan. But im sure the conversation of the lift going up in October has been discussed. The bottom of the drop will go in, within the next three weeks and we will start going up. The crane will also put pieces in that can free stand on there own if the crane is in position do so, to avoid moving the crane back down the layout. Obviously I dont have a darn clue but we have seen this schedule before. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, sixohdieselrage said:

I'm pretty sure they are electrically driven motors, not hydraulically. So, theoretically, a big enough generator could provide the "power" to them. 

Plus I am sure there is a manual backup mechanism that they are using right now.  In the future the maint team would need a backup in case the motors or hydraulics fail.

• Like 2