Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

52 minutes ago, Rivertown Rider said:

I find it funny that the way the camera is positioned that we can't see any of the work that will be going on in the area I front of the coaster (Area 72).  It makes you wonder if they have some surprises up their sleeves.

They just adjusted the Banshee cam to show us the construction,  Didnt move it other than rotating it.  Guess it was too much to actually add a new cam to the network

9 minutes ago, Beast Night Rider said:

I still think they’ll do the break run before the lift hill. It looks like the supports they moved out next to T-bone (yellow crane) are the supports for the break hill. I bet they are getting everything in place to start that next week....fingers crossed either way. 

Those are either for break run or lift hill. Those are pretty big.

@Kodistict what is it? It looks just like a blob to me lol

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I believe those are going to be for where the supports connect to the track pieces on the lift hill. 

Oh, sorry, I didn't go into detail enough on what my question was, I meant that it looks like that area has gotten dug out or something because it's gray now.

So, my bet is that they may do a little bit of the break run but then move to complete the lift hill. The reason why is because building the break run entirely would block access to the site that the larger cranes will need to swing the pieces into place. Also, there are a few shared footings and it would be easyer to place the larger columns first on those footings.

• Like 7

Even though I’ve been following the thread and saw the pictures of how much track has been delivered, I still wasn’t prepared for what it was going to look like when I rode The Racer last night. Seeing the track pieces up close gave me the first visceral impression of just how enormous this thing will be. I mean, the logical part of my brain understood it before, but seeing the pieces in person spoke to my deeper lizard brain. 

I hope they are able to do a fair bit of vertical construction before the park closes for the season. Nothing compares to being able to see it with my OWN EYES

6E48762E-EB62-4AC9-B4D6-2F932206E027.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Magenta Lizard said:

I hope they are able to do a fair bit of vertical construction before the park closes for the season.

Convince your husband to let you go flying with us. You'll see another great perspective, and some of construction during the offseason. :-)

Also, remember guys, getting to walk through the construction zone to get to Field of Screams is NOT a VIP tour of said construction zone. It is just the way thousands of other regular people get to walk through and take pictures of. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3