Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

5 minutes ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

It looks like they're about to load up another lift hill track piece on a trailer with the yellow crane.  I'd bet both pieces are going up today.

If I'm thinking correctly, I think what they'll probably do is connect both pieces on the ground and lift both pieces up together. I think they did that with Yukon Striker.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Klabergian Empire said:

As a bit of a side track, what is the smallest coaster B&M has made?

No no, they're installing lift track, not side track. ;)

Also, I don't know of a way to narrow B&Ms down by height on RCDB, but I'm sure the Family Inverted Coaster they did for Happy Valley in Beijing is in the running. According to RCDB, it's 65.6' tall. Link.

3 minutes ago, JonahWilliamson said:

D you think youll be able to see this piece stick out above the fence from Xbase?

What piece the supports for sure and I think you should be able to see the start of the lift hill piece as well. Just a wee lil bit.

Lift hill track on the move to the hill.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I think that will be just to move it off of the truck.  They need both T-bone and Cleo to install right? T-bone is lowered  so not getting another piece right now but its also not moving. So maybe Cleo has it handled?

They also don't have anyone up on the lift and ready to attach.  I think this is just to unload.

The piece that is still on the trailer in the background is what attaches to the support (you can see where the support attaches to the spine).  The piece being offloaded now goes between that piece and the first lift hill piece.

8 minutes ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

They also don't have anyone up on the lift and ready to attach.  I think this is just to unload.

The piece that is still on the trailer in the background is what attaches to the support (you can see where the support attaches to the spine).  The piece being offloaded now goes between that piece and the first lift hill piece.

I don't think the piece on the semi for that? Would they ship the track upside down? I thought all track was right side up when shipped?  You could be right but idk.

1 minute ago, Maverick44 said:

I don't think the piece on the semi for that? Would they ship the track upside down? I thought all track was right side up when shipped?  You could be right but idk.

OOOO something I actually know. 

Yes Ive seen track upside down shipped out of CSF, Yukon pieces were upside down last year. They have little rubber things the actual rails sit in they look like little a "u" 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Maverick44 said:

Not all of them ship track-side up.  If you notice, some of the track pieces have the "nodes" (not sure if this is a correct term for track) where the supports join at the spine of the track.  I doubt these can support all the weight of the track, and that's why all of those pieces are being stored track-side down.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

What would be really cool is a live audio stream of crews radio communications to go along with the webcam.  

Anyone close enough to the park with a decent two-way radio?  I'm sure they use open channels.  lol

Here comes the big piece.  I'm curious to see how these two pieces get installed..

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

What would be really cool is a live audio stream of crews radio communications to go along with the webcam.  

What would really be neat, is if the construction crew had cameras mounted on their helmets, so we could get a up close and personal look at the making of a coaster! 

• Like 3