Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

37 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Idk all the footers should be at least poured.  or close to it. This has to be something else there is a lot dug up.

This is also a long lunch break lol no more work being done yet?

Yeah I cant figure out  why they are moving so much dirt at this time.  I really wish the camera was hd so when we blow up the pics we could actually see them in clarity

31 minutes ago, Fitzcoasts14 said:

I'm really hope the trackwork is done by the end of fall or near the middle of winter.

go watch the copperhead live stream and see how long it took to build that coaster and that will give u an idea of how long it will take

• Like 1

^ bad example lol that's a very complex coaster with the launches. If there was video of Leviathan being built it would be just like that and pretty much like Diamondback as well TBH.

Workers are back and  look to be connecting the cranes to the track pieces. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

^ bad example lol that's a very complex coaster with the lauches. If there was video of Leviathan being built it would be just like that and pretty much like Diamondback as well TBH.

Workers are back and  look to be connecting the cranes to the track pieces. 

true CS was a very complex and congested coaster  but as for a live stream video of its construction in hyper (not giga) mode gives an idea of construction time etc.  I dont know if there is a vid similar to that for Levi.  If I find 1 i'll pass it on. 

ok what about Fury

once these pieces are up it will be a few days b4 we see any more pieces being erected IMO because it will take at least a day to put the pieces together.  By then we might see clifford on the job site

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Kingshaven said:

go watch the copperhead live stream and see how long it took to build that coaster and that will give u an idea of how long it will take

That was much more complex with all the scenery and the whole rest of the new area. Plus I'm not expecting to be done in December.

6 minutes ago, teenageninja said:

Trackwork probably won't be done until February.

You do realize I said near the middle of winter.

14 minutes ago, Fitzcoasts14 said:

It is kind of funny to think that everyone on these forums including me are interested in the construction of Orion but most everybody else that exists finds it boring.

This couldn't be further from the truth.  Maybe a very small group of enthusiasts, sure.  The general public is excited for it.  Don't let the loud minority fool you.

• Like 3

If you watch the fury time lapse, as soon as they had the first substantial lift hill track vertical (where KI is  heading now) they started working on the bottom of the drop, then altered back and forth between the lift hill and the drop before meeting in the middle with the top.  Seems like this digging would be related to something on the drop, perhaps something to get the area ready for cranes, workers and what not to begin that process in the coming days.

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, Fitzcoasts14 said:

I wasn't saying most people aren't excited for the ride. I was saying almost all non-enthusiasts aren't interested in the construction cam.

Yeah, I've already had several co-workers tell me that watching a construction cam is like watching paint dry. It takes a very special breed, and by special I mean awesome, to do what we do! 

• Like 7