Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

5 minutes ago, CedarIslander said:

Yeah, I've already had several co-workers tell me that watching a construction cam is like watching paint dry. It takes a very special breed, and by special I mean awesome, to do what we do! 

I've devoted one of my three work monitors to the construction cam, and I constantly get heckled by my close group of coworkers on it.  They say that in addition to watching the cam, I'm also listening to "ambient construction sounds" on Youtube of jackhammers, dozers in reverse, etc.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Klabergian Empire said:

As a bit of a side track, what is the smallest coaster B&M has made?

In terms of height, according to RCDB, Nemesis @ Alton Towers at a mere 42.6 feet tall. However it does have a 104 foot largest drop, because it goes into a ravine. Also in spite of its small size I have constantly heard it is one of the best B&M Inverts ever made.

Random Fun Fact: You could stack 7 and half Nemesises on top of each other and the ride would still be a tiny bit shorter than Fury 325, B&M's largest coaster to date! :P

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I believe if I looked at that picture several posts back correctly, that they put the catwalk on the track piece before they lifted the piece for Fury. 

Yeah they atleast have the fence on the side of  track. So they will put that on tomorrow and that might take all day for that and catwalk. I say they lift this thing into place Thursday.

4 minutes ago, Beast Night Rider said:

Why do you think it will be tomorrow? I almost feel like if I stare at it long enough, I’ll be able to move it with my head haha. 

Honestly I am just not sure how long it takes to put the catwalk on and the fencing on the other side?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Beast Night Rider said:

The lift hill isn’t going to go up as fast as I was thinking. I never thought about the cat walk being installed before each piece goes up but it makes sense. 

Yeah I am thinking it ill take most of today. They might lift it up after lunch maybe? I could also see it taking all day today to get it all put together and then lift it up first thing tomorrow.

• Like 1