Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

Getting ready to raise the first lift hill sections! Also someone mentioned that Clifford is probably being assembled where the track is stored behind the trees. Actually Clifford would be assembled on the construction site near the lift hill. It’s pretty difficult to maneuver a huge crane that big around obstacles.

4692522d182851377071aecdc9426e44.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, lifetimecoaster said:

I'd say those cranes are worthless after this!! It's amazing how tall section 1 is. 

It's possible they start working on the drop side, and when the big boy cranes get here, then can continue the work to the top.  Or they could do the brake run, but even the beginning of it is really high off the ground.

Also, this isn't just one section.  It's two sections of track bolted together and lifted as one piece.  They'll probably do this several more times as they pretty much have to (the supports are spaced too far apart not to)

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, lifetimecoaster said:

I'd say those cranes are worthless after this!! It's amazing how tall section 1 is. 

Yeah they won't put up any more track for the lift hill anyway.  We should see the bottom the lift start soon now.

@Beast Night Rider I said today right? lol  It looks amazing! its already as tall if not taller then racer's lift haha

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

@Beast Night Rider I said today right? lol  It looks amazing! its already as tall if not taller then racer's lift haha

I’m going to start calling you Maverick, the Orion Oracle haha.

Do you guys think they’ll need Clifford for the next lift hill support or is possible the smaller cranes could put them up? I’m guessing we’ll need Clifford...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Beast Night Rider said:

I’m going to start calling you Maverick, the Orion Oracle haha.

Do you guys think they’ll need Clifford for the next lift hill support or is possible the smaller cranes could put them up? I’m guessing we’ll need Clifford...

They will for sure need a larger crane for the next supports. the next support will be taller then those cranes can go. The Oracle has spoken lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

based off Fury construction, they will do one of two things next (at least in terms of vertical construction). They will go back to the Brake run and assemble more of that, or they will go to the base of the 1st drop and start installing that.  Its possible that they won't need Clifford for another week or two.

Will they need Clifford for any additional hills?  They used it for Banshee, which is slightly below 200 feet, with hills of 174, 202, 147 and 125 could the cranes currently in use installed those hills?  Doesn't seem like it if they can't install any more lift section than what they just did (I don't know if that is true or not, taking Maverick44's word on that)

Edit, also it appears that the brake run is roughly the same height as the track currently installed, its possible they could install all of the brake run before moving on to the rest of the lift hill.  Getting this portion done, allows them to move back to that side and finish out the brake run without interference.  I'm sure somebody looking at plans can confirm the exact height of both, I'm guessing a bit based upon rendering.

• Like 5

I think they start with the bottom of the drop and work their way up while Clifford is being put together. the biggest question is where is Clifford going to primarily be when doing the lift hill. I think it will be far enough away from the break run that they can start part of that as well. So  yeah its up in the air. 

• Like 3

Do not waste people`s time with trivial calls like this.  Calling Clermont Steel won`t get you an answer anyway.

The large crane will show up when the contractor that is assembling the ride needs it.  Clermont Steel is not the one actually erecting the ride.  They are simply the fabricator.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I believe way back in the giga thread, someone broke down the contractors listed and said one of them was about cranes. It might have been Fenton Rigging Co which I'll link their website right here: https://fenton1898.com/

From their site:

FROM AMERICA’S GREATEST RAILROADS TO AMERICA’S MULTI- MILLION-DOLLAR ROLLERCOASTERS, IT’S FENTON

Specialized steel erection

Fenton crews perform steel erection for a wide range of customers, including America's railroad industry. Our ingenuity and capabilities include:

• Floating a railroad span in place on the Mississippi River.
  • Handling a wide range of projects to help the Cincinnati Reds Great American Ball Park open on time.
  • Precision installation of various multi-million-dollar rides at Paramount Kings Island and other world-class amusement parks.
  • Erecting towers, crane ways, conveyor systems, jet-engine test cells, stacker/reclaimers and more for an array of heavy- industrial customers.
  • Like 4

There (eventually) will be three large cranes brought on-site to complete the lift hill and drop based on Fury 325 construction pics.

The documentary said it required 7 cranes at once to finish the lift hill of Fury. I doubt they can do it with fewer than that.
  • Like 2