Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

41 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Clifford usually looks like this. The crane parked at KI doesn't currently have that on it. 

Source: https://images.app.goo.gl/J9N4MW8NMfVrR7ABA

Screenshot_20190928-192624.png

The crane hasn’t been assembled yet.  Separate truckloads will deliver the lattice structure, boom, winches, and counterweights.  

That unit in the lot is basically the equivalent of the turntable and crawler tracks of a tracked unit only on a wheeled chassis.

Edited by Rallyomalley
Clarity
  • Like 4

On 9/27/2019 at 6:49 PM, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

From the Flight of Fear/CHAOS queue area:

This thing is massive!!!  And for those wondering, it’s just about the same height as The Racer’s lift hill.

18A184FD-324C-4698-BFEF-01EE014C095A.jpeg

Whoever the a**hole is that posted this photo to Reddit with no credit given, you’re welcome for the free karma.  Jackass.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

Question on assembly, When they bolt two pieces of track together, do they weld the smaller tubes together that the wheels roll on and then grind them down? Are they male and female and slip together? Never thought about that before but I am assuming that with them painted all ready, they are not welding them? If not welded, how do they keep water from getting inside? Would love to know the more specific details of how things go together 

• Like 4

Whoever the a**hole is that posted this photo to Reddit with no credit given, you’re welcome for the free karma.  Jackass.
That's awful. Hindsight being perfect of course, maybe watermark your pictures you post. Of course, don't make the watermark as big as the photo.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jensenracing77 said:

Question on assembly, When they bolt two pieces of track together, do they weld the smaller tubes together that the wheels roll on and then grind them down? Are they male and female and slip together? Never thought about that before but I am assuming that with them painted all ready, they are not welding them? If not welded, how do they keep water from getting inside? Would love to know the more specific details of how things go together 

I've wondered this myself. I've even tried googling it, but couldn't find an answer. Hope someone here can fill us in!

• Like 3

They sit flush. There is caps inside anyways to hold in sand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CedarIslander said:

Anyone know why they are painting these buildings white?

20190929_150202.png

To make them identical to the C.H.A.O.S. building. Notice the gray bottom third of the middle building. I like how they are going for thematic consistency for the area, even backstage.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, MDMC01 said:

I love how big Orion is... and it’s not even done yet!

Also @LovinMeSomeBanshee, did you enjoy your trip through the cornfield last night?

It was my wife’s favorite Haunt!  But my wife kept getting impatient with me because I wanted to stop and look at all the footers, lol

52 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

To make them identical to the C.H.A.O.S. building. Notice the gray bottom third of the middle building. I like how they are going for thematic consistency for the area, even backstage.

I think every building in that area is being painted to match the new “Area 72” theming that FoF already has.

• Like 4