Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

4 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

I’m going to opening day for Orion and we are going to get there very, very early

I got there very early for Banshee too. Its so odd it didn't help at all. I still waited 4 hours. 

I didn't get in line for DB until about 130 on its opening day. I think I only waited about two hours. The line only went to where Planet Snoops started (at that time it was still Nick themed).

• Like 2

7 hours ago, thatguyfromohio said:

They sit flush. There is caps inside anyways to hold in sand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This picture don't show them capped off. I would assume they are cut very perfectly flush with the outside brace so that they don't have a gap. If so, I almost wonder if they leave a slight overhang, maybe .010, to get a solid crush together? I know nothing, I am just thinking out loud. Just hard to imagine they butt together but I am sure you are right 

• Like 1

On 9/28/2019 at 7:27 PM, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Clifford usually looks like this. The crane parked at KI doesn't currently have that on it. 

Source: https://images.app.goo.gl/J9N4MW8NMfVrR7ABA

Screenshot_20190928-192624.png

The crane in that is in the parking lot, that will be used for coaster assembly, will be so large it is a job in of itself to assemble it. It will take them a few days, if not a week to assemble the crane, and get it ready to lift track.

• Like 2

That's a lot of gravel being put down.

Anyone else notice the tree that is in front of the transfer table/station is starting to turn red at the top over the last couple of days?  When fall does finally come, the forest back there is going to look amazing (assuming the drought doesn't completely kill the fall foliage this year.) Just something you notice when you stare at a cam for hours each day..

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

That's a lot of gravel being put down.

Anyone else notice the tree that is in front of the transfer table/station is starting to turn red at the top over the last couple of days?  When fall does finally come, the forest back there is going to look amazing (assuming the drought doesn't completely kill the fall foliage this year.) Just something you notice when you stare at a cam for hours each day..

Unfortunately i dont think there will be much color this year. It has been too hot, and dry.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

20 hours ago, KIghostguy said:

To make them identical to the C.H.A.O.S. building. Notice the gray bottom third of the middle building. I like how they are going for thematic consistency for the area, even backstage.

Yes, I think you're right! They will be in full view from the ride, and will be more noticed with people filming the ride from the tower etc.

It'll help go along with the theme of it being a military base sort of area. Rather than just two buildings lol

• Like 4

Just now, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I don't think they will get rid of the nightly fireworks. They've been doing fireworks for like ever! I could see them closing Orion down due to fireworks kinda like The Beast.

They won't get rid of them. I think the question is do they keep the same location or  move it. If it stay the same its almost certain they close Orion.

4 minutes ago, thatguyfromohio said:

The main reason The Beast is closed during fireworks is because it’s a wood structure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be 1 reason. Another would be if a firework happened to tip and shoot off sideways towards The Beast and a train to be back in the long straight away and it hit someone. Not good. We had that happen where I grew up. Firework shot off sideways and hot a wooden playset at the park and sent wooden spears flying and hit a man right through his heart and he died.  So yeah there is this reason as well.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, Sixflags82 said:

Maybe the storage area will be moved to the building that we saw being built at the begining of the season and the buildings they are painting will be part of area 72

tbh I think that would be a cool idea. Move storage to the back and turn those buildings into some Area 72 activity buildings.

• Like 1