Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

I don’t think they can install the next lift hill piece yet. I think they have to work equally from both ends. Even though not my expertise, it would make sense that they have to install this as an arch, the top of the hill functioning similarly to a keystone.

From a height aspect, it would make sense to start building the backbone of the drop now, while smaller cranes can still be used.

In the Fury documentary, they had both the lift hill and the drop going up at the same time. At one point they had a crane holding each end of the track, the final top and a gondola for workers to bolt it all together.

• Like 4

Looks like we may see the backbone of the drop placed today. I've seen about 8 dump trucks hauling in what appears to be gravel. Then the white crane moved back by the piece on the ground. 

On edit: Pretty sure I know what the gravel pad is actually there for. It appears as though it is protecting some of the footings/footers (pick your poison) in the area. This picture is where that pad is before the gravel was laid down. Photo_1569930922729.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sixohdieselrage said:

Looks like we may see the backbone of the drop placed today. I've seen about 8 dump trucks hauling in what appears to be gravel. Then the white crane moved back by the piece on the ground. 

On edit: Pretty sure I know what the gravel pad is actually there for. It appears as though it is protecting some of the footings/footers (pick your poison) in the area. This picture is where that pad is before the gravel was laid down. 

Did they lay the gravel over the footers for now?  Some of them no longer looked visible after the gravel was laid yesterday.  

If I'm not mistaken, the backbone footer is the one I highlighted in your photo.  And looking at your photo, it makes sense why that tree was cut down last week.  It would literally be growing directly beneath the drop.

Untitled.png

• Like 3

Did they lay the gravel over the footers for now?  Some of them no longer looked visible over the gravel was laid yesterday.  
If I'm not mistaken, the backbone footer is the one I highlighted in your photo.  And looking at your photo, it makes sense why that tree was cut down last week.  It would literally be growing directly beneath the drop.
Untitled.thumb.png.b7f8bdf347bc86c41ddcfa9cb96d2c75.png

Looking at the pic, They probably left the tree as a general reference point. It looks like it’s literally right in line with the rest of the structure. Seeing as how there are buildings between the beginning of the ride, and the end of it, it’s a simple vertical reference for the general area things need to head that is above the buildings.

Sometimes you use what nature already provides for as long as it is feasible.
  • Like 1

Looks to me like like the piece I circled in yellow is where the track separates from the backbone, and the piece circled in blue is the trackless backbone. So, looks like the drop is being built!

20191001_094144.jpg

Source: KI Webcam. I'm not posting a link, y'all know where to find it. 

Fast forward less than 5 minutes.20191001_094718.jpg

That maybe what we are seeing! The piece isnt bolted to the pad yet. 

• Like 4