Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

I love the subterranean element because you wont expect the drop to be so big. And once you are at the top of the lift, you will see the drop and then plummet down it not expecting that much out of it, and you will be caught off guard in the best way possible.

• Like 3

Is it actually installed, or is it being assembled on the ground? It doesn't appear to be attached yet to the base footer. It's hard to tell because its far enough away from the camera that it's hard to tell!! 

Edit... 

There's no way that's the bottom of the drop, the drop goes into the ravine, and there is no way that will drop into the ravine. 

Another Edit.... 

They are adding another piece to it as we speak, and that piece is heading towards the trees. That is return track. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, lifetimecoaster said:

Is it actually installed, or is it being assembled on the ground? It doesn't appear to be attached yet to the base footer. It's hard to tell because its far enough away from the camera that it's hard to tell!! 

Edit... 

There's no way that's the bottom of the drop, the drop goes into the ravine, and there is no way that will drop into the ravine. 

Another Edit.... 

They are adding another piece to it as we speak, and that piece is heading towards the trees. That is return track. 

I think that's fairly close to where those track sections are going to go.  

We can see that by these footers, the coaster is already on the incline into the next element.  These footers are near the bottom of the ravine, so the bottom of the drop has to be before that.

Untitled.png

This is the webcam:

Untitled2.png

So I do think the bottom of the drop will be closer to those footers than what they are now, but the bottom of the drop is not in the very bottom of the ravine.  More on the side of it than the bottom...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

If that is anything it's return track but I dont see them doing that quite yet.  They will keep that area as open as possible for the multiple cranes that will be needed in that area and further up

I stand corrected.  It very well does look like finished track

• Like 1

Based on above^^ That has to be part of the drop! There is nothing else that low to the ground going that direction in that area. Good job [mention=9314]LovinMeSomeBanshee[/mention]

I agree. I think they are bolting the backbone into lengths of 2 pieces so that when the big cranes are in, they can erect them rapidly.

I think they are just staging them where convenient.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, fyrfyter said:

I agree. I think they are bolting the backbone into lengths of 2 pieces so that when the big cranes are in, they can erect them rapidly.

I think they are just staging them where convenient.

I think they are in place and they are adding the 3rd piece on right now!  You can see it is lifted so its going on a support!!! We have the bottom of the drop in place ladies and gents!

• Like 1

Just now, Maverick44 said:

^^ Yeah how else would they lift upward and you can see far right the gap between the track and the ground! This is exciting people! We have the bottom of the drop!

There's also another support waiting for some track!