Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

6 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

^^ I would like to see this happen live! Speaking of live. On the Diamondback cam you can see Vortex a little bit. Think they will leave it when  they rip Vortex down? Sorry for going off topic lol

And if KI replaces Vortex with a coaster, they'll probably shift the Diamondback webcam over to that area for construction. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

And if KI replaces Vortex with a coaster, they'll probably shift the Diamondback webcam over to that area for construction. 

Are we positive they are tearing it down this season yet? And actually will be exciting if they move Diamondback cam. I love it but imagine WindSeeker the back half of orion and new construction of a coaster. 

Cons: I wont be able to tell how long Diamondbacks line is... and we lost Banshee cams so i cant make my late park decisions based on webcam lines, does anyone else do this?

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

^^ I would like to see this happen live! Speaking of live. On the Diamondback cam you can see Vortex a little bit. Think they will leave it when  they rip Vortex down? Sorry for going off topic lol

Personally, I'd like to see them move that camera to the left a little so we can watch the demolition. Demoing coasters fascinates me just as much as constructing coasters. lol

• Like 2

Are we positive they are tearing it down this season yet? And actually will be exciting if they move Diamondback cam. I love it but imagine WindSeeker the back half of orion and new construction of a coaster. 
Cons: I wont be able to tell how long Diamondbacks line is... and we lost Banshee cams so i cant make my late park decisions based on webcam lines

I think they just need to add more cams. It’s not like they are expensive. Obviously with the ease of moving them they have the infrastructure in place for this. If they don’t move one to the far end of Racer, we will never see that end of Orion being built.
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, JonahWilliamson said:

I wish they moved theirs as much as Cedar Point. Its literally just a slight move and leave it for a week. We havent seen a snoopy cam, waterpark cam would be cool. I really want a drop zone or Invertigo... (parking lot view to see how crowded) 

They will never, ever do that.  

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, fyrfyter said:

Never say never. PTZ cams vs static ones make that an easy proposition.

4 minutes ago, fyrfyter said:

Yes the KI cams are so much better then the CP cams. Too bad we can't get the best of both.  CP cams are so blurry.

21 minutes ago, fyrfyter said:

The park will never allow the general public to see how many cars are in the parking lot.  Allowing potential customers to see the parking lot is full before leaving the house and dissuading them from coming?  That's terrible business sense.

• Like 3

The park will never allow the general public to see how many cars are in the parking lot.  Allowing potential customers to see the parking lot is full before leaving the house and dissuading them from coming?  That's terrible business sense.

I didn’t say anything about that. But you said movable cams would never happen, which makes zero sense. PTZ cams would be perfect as you never have to physically move them, just go in and adjust them.
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, fyrfyter said:

I didn’t say anything about that. But you said movable cams would never happen, which makes zero sense. PTZ cams would be perfect as you never have to physically move them, just go in and adjust them.

I never said movable cams would never happen.  I said a cam allowing the parking lot to be seen would never happen.

1 hour ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

I believe the two pieces of track over there are too straight to be drop track.  If I had to guess, they are staging lift track pieces to make it easier for the big crane to erect.

I think it might be the next piece of the main lift hill to go up.    But think they need Clifford or such to do the lift.   Plus they need to put up next set of supports.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

You may not need that Diamondback cam next year if Orion has the same effect on Diamondback that Fury did on Intimidator. I hope that is not the case. I love Diamondback and I think its better than Intimidator.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1