Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

7 hours ago, Kodistict said:

I wonder why it's taking Clifford so long to get here?

It's not taking too long, they have a schedule, and those cranes are crazy expensive, thousands per day. There is no reason to have it sitting there not working. The cranes needed will show up when they need to. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, kissfan4 said:

It's not taking too long, they have a schedule, and those cranes are crazy expensive, thousands per day. There is no reason to have it sitting there not working. The cranes needed will show up when they need to. 

“A Clifford is never late, nor is he early.  He arrives precisely when he means to.”

• Like 4

8 hours ago, kissfan4 said:

I believe I heard the figure of $10,000 per day back when Diamondback was being built. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

Im sure there is a lot involved but I always think it will go up faster than it does. Like strap the track up lift it up bolt it on unstrap move on to the next part. I’m sure it’s a lot more involved though. 

There is the rigging involved to ensure the angle of the track is close to what it needs to be for installation. They use the chain hoists to make small adjustments once they fly the piece in, but it need to be close to begin with.

3 hours ago, Rockfrog33 said:

Maybe he is in the parking lot helping with Clifford. Or in the second lot of track loading a trailer...

I can confirm that he is in the front parking lot helping with Clifford. Sorry for the blurry picture. Best I could do from the drop off lane with my phone. 

AB0497FE-860C-45EB-B57B-BCEBA32FC83F.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Just now, WoodVengeance said:

This is the second construction thread I've kept track of, the first being Mystic Timbers. So with Clifford being at the park, does that mean we'll start seeing construction of the lift hill and other tall structures soon?

Once you see that big red crane. Get your popcorn ready cause they will work quick as possible when it shows up.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, DeviousMrMatt said:

it is hard to see from the webcam because of all the buildings in the way, but it looks like they have a significant amount of track together and laying on the ground getting ready for Clifford to raise up

They do indeed. But they've gotta put supports up first!

• Like 1