Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

And on top of that only a small part of Clifford can be assembled off site. The tracks, counter weights,  and the articulated boom have to be added onsite due to weight and size. I would say the base part of him will be on site tomorrow with most of the assembly taking place the first part of next week.

• Like 3

From looking off the blueprints, they have 5 more track pieces that will need to be installed before the top of the lift. That equates to 2 large bolted pieces and 1 regular piece of lift track.

It looks as though they have begun placing the wood down on the gravel pad area. We might see this pad ready by the end of the day or early tomorrow.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Enchanted Voyage Lover said:

I'm heading up tomorrow for the weekend, any requests for zoomed pics of something particular on the construction site? I'll put them up on here tomorrow evening or Saturday, it all depends on how the daylight is when I arrive.

Bottom of the drop sections, The track hiding behind red building and possibly the gear/ motor section at the start of the lift?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

We have been moving a lot of posts that are off topic to an appropriate thread. This in not the catch all thread. Please keep on topic or we will start issuing warnings as necessary. Thanks!

This should be a sticky....

What will we see tomorrow with Orion?

• Like 1

I wish, I will be heading to Pittsburgh tonight for the Blue Jackets game against the pens tomorrow. Have fun!!!!

2 minutes ago, JonahWilliamson said:

I get to see Orion in person today!!! I'm leaving buffalo about 10:30. Cant wait to see haunt and that Blue track sticking out. @sixohdieselrageyou going tonight? Anybody else gonna be there?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TheFloppyDisc said:

Maybe this has been answered already, but why does the large crane need to sit on a wood pad instead of just sitting on the gravel pad?

It better spreads out the weight to keep it from sinking into the soil.  It's like how a snowshoe distributes a person's weight over greater surface area in deep snow.

• Like 1