Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

10 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

Just imagine, days like this after the ride is built, seeing the track peeking through the fog. :rolleyes:

Imagine going up the hill, getting above the fog and launching back down into it. That will be awesome! There have been times on DB during haunt when fog has covered the bottom of the first hill, it ads a whole new experience for the ride.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Enchanted Voyage Lover said:

Imagine going up the hill, getting above the fog and launching back down into it. That will be awesome! There have been times on DB during haunt when fog has covered the bottom of the first hill, it ads a whole new experience for the ride.

And that scenario will likely be a lot more common on Orion, due to the bottom of the first drop being lower to the ground than Diamondback’s, and Orion is quite a bit closer to the river.  And then you have the little stream too, that will add moisture to the air.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

And that scenario will likely be a lot more common on Orion, due to the bottom of the first drop being lower to the ground than Diamondback’s, and Orion is quite a bit closer to the river.  And then you have the little stream too, that will add moisture to the air.

And the best part is it wont break like all of six flags's effects.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, the piece that was laying on its side here is now missing.  It's the piece of the drop in which the track separates from the backbone.  I'm guessing they're building that section of the drop now (backbone and separation from it into the bottom of the drop)
Untitled.png.daee48061dc9ae5aeded363aafd05373.png

That would make sense. If they built several of those pieces together and then tied them into the valley they have installed, it would be vertical, but also have the linear strength of the other pieces of track. Help hold the backbone while they build the drop.
  • Like 1

Just now, fyrfyter said:

I agree. I suspect your part in red is in 2 pieces though. It would be darn tough to move it as 1 continuous piece that has to line up correctly in 2 different places.

Agreed.  They'll probably put the backbone up first, and then connect the piece in-between the backbone and the completed bottom of the drop section.

• Like 1

The question that just came to mind is how many of those can they safely set, without the legs up? This may be one of those days where we see 2 cranes in operation at once. One to hold the legs after they are in place and then set the remaining pieces of the backbone in.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I this was is the backbone footer

I think you're right.  I don't know what that is, but I don't think that's the backbone installed.  The backbone goes here, in the long rectangular-shaped footer, and it's the only one in that area shaped like this.  You can see it clearly in the webcam.

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

• Like 2