Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

Not sure this was already mentioned but in the video from channel 9 yesterday, you can clearly see the long piece of track assembled behind the maintenance shed that we were talking about last week. This is 100% lift hill track with the catwalk already installed.  You can see it will be the next piece of the lift hill based on how the catwalk will fit with the existing lift hill track/catwalk that’s already up. 

D1579CE4-6261-4467-B73B-FDC79C92A870.jpeg

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Beast Night Rider said:

Not sure this was already mentioned but in the video from channel 9 yesterday, you can clearly see the long piece of track assembled behind the maintenance shed that we were talking about last week. This is 100% lift hill track with the catwalk already installed.  You can see it will be the next piece of the lift hill based on how the catwalk will fit with the existing lift hill track/catwalk that’s already up. 

D1579CE4-6261-4467-B73B-FDC79C92A870.jpeg

"Don't waste your money!" Does Six Flags own that news station?? lol

• Haha 4

31 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

Odd shadow then. :huh:

It's just the perception you get from a very tall object.  Everything else is shorter, so the shadows look different.  The shadow matches the angles of all the other shadows.  

(I know, I have too much time on my hands :/)

Untitled.png

They are now attaching the piece of drop track that separates from the backbone to the rest of the backbone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It's just the perception you get from a very tall object.  Everything else is shorter, so the shadows look different.  The shadow matches the angles of all the other shadows.  

(I know, I have too much time on my hands :/)

I’ll save you some time in the future...

https://www.suncalc.org/#/39.1366,-84.5406,10/2019.10.08/11:20/1/3

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sixohdieselrage said:

Just imagine, days like this after the ride is built, seeing the track peeking through the fog. :rolleyes:

That's gonna be awesome looking. I remember going for Steel Vengeance's media day and you couldn't see the top of the hill. Was an amazing experience.

• Like 3

Im jealous of the people living in these houses because they will get a nice view of orion everyday once its done
Captureyumyum.PNG.7bdc5dfa586a4af45e553adcc2baeaea.PNG

That’s where I lived, I recently just moved out though, to be closer to work, we couldn’t really see much of the park, just the towers from our angle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4