Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

3 minutes ago, Buckeye27 said:

That article says the drop will have an 85 degree drop. This will make it the steepest giga right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope they are correct, if so yes. If they are correct it will just enhance the feeling of the drop! That's 10 degrees steeper than Diamondback!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

I looked at all the drops and yes orion is the steepest out of all the gigas! Also if you search up millenium forces drop google says its 299 feet so orion> mf

Intimidator 305 also has an 85 degree drop so it will tie it for the steepest drop.

https://www.kingsdominion.com/play/rides/intimidator-305

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

I looked at all the drops and yes orion is the steepest out of all the gigas! Also if you search up millenium forces drop google says its 299 feet so orion> mf

I wouldn't trust google lol. It says the height is 312. Or at least according to Wikipedia.

My Drawing-5.sketchpad.png

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Here's another nice article on Orion. Imo this kinda explains the reason they didn't go taller with this.

https://www.daytondailynews.com/news/kings-island-new-giga-coaster-uses-rolling-terrain-its-advantage/gsPH2j2l1E1thR5MNVA5yO/

It does?   The only part I see that kind of explains it is when mentioning the giga price tag with gigas.  Seems a bit disrespectful for an employee to say.  :ph34r:

• Confused 3

5 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

It does?   The only part I see that kind of explains it is when mentioning the giga price tag with gigas.  Seems a bit disrespectful for an employee to say.  :ph34r:

Exactly what part of that article was disrespectful?  I don't get that vibe at all.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Personally, seeing that ground level piece installed I'm starting to get excited about how it's done.  It may make for a very cool visual that the track is essentially laying on the ground rather than being 10 or 15 feet up.  

Agreed.  Going down that hill, it's going to feel like we're going a lot faster than on a coaster like Diamondback.  It's going to be thrilling seeing the ground coming so fast at you.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Personally, seeing that ground level piece installed I'm starting to get excited about how it's done.  It may make for a very cool visual that the track is essentially laying on the ground rather than being 10 or 15 feet up.  

I completely agree. I think that will be a very cool aspect. I didn't notice that in the animations either tbh.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Not being bias here but only time will tell if Orion will best Mill Force.

@Kodistict you are correct!  Something red just showed up and was unloaded.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, silver2005 said:

Exactly what part of that article was disrespectful?  I don't get that vibe at all.

I don’t personally think it is either but we have been told that insinuating budget was involved in the height decision is disrespectful.  

Edit: For those that seem to not follow my line of thought I leave this quote plus the previously linked article that an employee insinuates budget played a role in the design decision.
On 10/3/2019 at 2:01 PM, IndyGuy4KI said:

Out of the respect of Kings Island and the massive new coaster that is being added, we feel that using the term Budget and Giga together is very disrespectful. This is most likely the biggest investment that park has ever made.  Just because it does not break new records for a Giga coaster or meet some expectations, does not make it a coaster on a budget. 

• Like 1

Just now, Maverick44 said:

Zeus will be alive here soon! I wonder why its taking so long to get the pieces here? You'd think they would all be here within a couple day of each other. Its not like they are in use if the crane is here.

Who knows, maybe there are a lot pieces in the parking lot.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

I don’t personally think it is either but we have been told that insinuating budget was involved in the height decision is disrespectful.  

Maybe it was a factor in the decision.  Maybe it wasn't.  All of my sources inside the park tell me they got the ride they wanted, so the height/drop wasn't a compromise.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sixohdieselrage said:

I know it wont look exactly like this (did it on my phone), but still something fun to play with.PicsArt_10-08-05.27.11.png

Credit to @Beast Night Rider for the webcam pic, and @collin.klopfstein for the track drawing bit. 

If this was real, I'd make it my desktop background. (With your guys permission, of course.) Beautiful!

• Like 3

I was just talking to my old man on the phone and he rented a bull dozer for his building to level the ground. And said "well if i used it, it'll cost me 120 a day, but if it just sits on my property its 40 bucks a day." 

Have no clue if cranes are the same but maybe something to think about while that crane sat in the parking lot.

• Like 4