Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

So we have three cranes on-site now, not including Zeus:  Cleo, T-Bone and another white crane similar to Cleo that's by the lift hill.

They are raising the first section of Zeus's boom!

It also looks like they've put in supports for the station.

You can see the backbone section in quite a bit of detail with the sun at this angle.  You can see where the piece attached to the backbone with track separates from it.

Untitled.png

• Like 4

^The probably need to have space around it to attach the catwalk before lifting it into place.

Its a brake piece for sure though.  There's that big gap between the rails and the backbone which allows for the brakes to sit in.  Don't see a support in place quite yet though. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jimlaheyscar said:

Is this station really going up before West Coast Racer's station?  lol

That is just embarrassing That was supposed to open for this season haha they are not even close from what I see. 

So I think the white crane holding the crane is no Cleo. That one seems to connected to a truck. Cleo is over by Zeus still.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

It actually looks red to me. So it's Clifford!

No we already went over this the other day. Clifford is all red not just the boom. This is not Clifford due to the actual cab of the crane being white. This is Zeus!

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, JonahWilliamson said:

Is there a technical issue with West Coast Racers or an actual reason for the delay?

The rumor was that there were major issues with the rides supports.  I have heard everything from having to completely remake the supports to it being redesigned at the last minute before fabrication.  Not exactly sure but everything I have heard suggests support problems, which with the first pieces not showing up until February there was likely an issue with fabrication.

I remember joking a few months ago that Six Flags would announce the 2020 attractions before it opened, which did turn out to be true.  At this point I believe it will be 2020 before it opens, and if the claim by Kings Island that they will have the track done in January, and will try to cycle Orion by February holds, there is a decent chance construction will be done before it opens.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Kenban said:

The rumor was that there were major issues with the rides supports.  I have heard everything from having to completely remake the supports to it being redesigned at the last minute before fabrication.  Not exactly sure but everything I have heard suggests support problems, which with the first pieces not showing up until February there was likely an issue with fabrication.

I remember joking a few months ago that Six Flags would announce the 2020 attractions before it opened, which did turn out to be true.  At this point I believe it will be 2020 before it opens, and if the claim by Kings Island that they will have the track done in January, and will try to cycle Orion by February holds, there is a decent chance construction will be done before it opens.

That's pretty scary if you ask me lol  I thinks its premier rides  I wonder who had to fork out the cost of remaking supports? SF or PR? The 2020 coasters will probably be open for WCR. haha