Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

1 hour ago, Maverick44 said:

Wow that's going to be a steep short section of track going into the turn into station lol seesh!

It does look like they are bolting it down.

Also Cleo and T-Bone made an X lol for Project X!

Capture2.PNG

I think there will just be very minimal straight track at the bottom of the brake run, I circled the supports from the animation.

My Drawing-6.sketchpad.png

Screenshot (161).png

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, MrSourNinja said:

Wow that is going to be an absolutely steep break run. Wonder if that will have any impact on the wear and tear of the system?

Most of the deceleration is done by the magnetic brakes, which produce heat via eddy currents. The friction brakes are mainly used in applications where an on/off state is required (like trims or safety brakes). If you go back to the animation you can see how the mag brakes do most of the braking work which saves on replacing the pads. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Maverick44 said:

I wonder when track will go up?

I'm just gonna predict that we will see the first piece of the brake run go up after the crews get back from lunch so around 1pm est.

Edit: At the rate they are bringing in parts for Zeus today we will hopefully get to see it vertical very soon!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Driver8rws said:

JUST drove by on I-71.  Definitely a good sized white crane with its boom fully extended in the northern end of the parking lot with what looks to be red boom pieces of the giant crane (Zeus) around it.

Can confirm.  Just drove by at lunch as well.

• Like 1