Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

I'm guessing B&M (and their brake caliper sub if they have one) probably have an ideal velocity for the train speed when entering a brake run which they have determined after designing many coasters. The ridiculous height of Orion's (and Leviathan's) brake run is probably a function of that ideal train speed and the high cost of making a longer course for the train to lose more energy before hitting the brakes. Fury's brakes are significantly lower presumably due to the overall ride length. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Im predicting by the end of October the site will look like this

ooooooooooooooooooooooo.PNG

In one of the behind the scenes videos the project manager said they would be finished with the lift hill by the “end of October or first week of November”. 
I’m hoping they start cranking it out when Zeus goes up.

• Like 6

In one of the behind the scenes videos the project manager said they would be finished with the lift hill by the “end of October or first week of November”. 
I’m hoping they start cranking it out when Zeus goes up.

It should be topped off by the end of the month if weather permits. They are ahead of schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

They certainly took some artistic license, didn't they?  

I’m sure they hired an outside firm to produce the commercials. I wouldn’t hold my breath though, Yukon Striker & Copperhead haven’t received these animated commercials sadly. I personally love them.

edit - Found them - https://carbonvfx.com/

2nd edit - They wrote an article about Mystic Timbers editing process - https://carbonvfx.com/work/vfx/cedar-fair-mystic-timbers/

• Like 3