Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

1 hour ago, thatbandguy8807 said:

Sorry for the double post. After watching the cam for some time the park looks absolutely dead. Guess the cold weather is keeping people away?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

A lot of people end up coming later in the evening during Haunt.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ben43065 said:

A lot of people end up coming later in the evening during Haunt.

Can confirm this. Showed up to the park last year during Haunt on a Saturday, rode everything except Firehawk at least once. Diamondback and Mystic Timbers were 5 minute waits or less early on. Then around 2pm the crowds began to kick in, those 5 minute waits became 30...45...and then by the time Haunt began they were up to an hour. Granted the ride crews at KI have also been doing a great job so the longest I actually had to wait was 1 hour for a Beast night ride, Mystic Timbers was only a 45 minute wait in spite of being listed at 75 since the ride crew was getting trains out very fast.

Then around 11pm, people begin to leave usually, so the lines ease up a bit around this time- though they don't go back to how short they were in the morning, they will go from say a 60 minute wait for Beast to about 30'ish towards close. If you don't mind staying late, you can sometimes grab 2-3 extra night rides on coasters and stuff if you get lucky.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I plan to be there after church today to check this out for myself. I have not been to the park since the announcement so this will end the streak. 

Me too, I hope I can get some zoomed in pics of Orion from the telescope with out it breaking this time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I plan to be there after church today to check this out for myself. I have not been to the park since the announcement so this will end the streak. 

Good luck, I just attempted to go, the line of cars going in was two wide, bumper to bumper all the way down Kings Island Dr in both directions. I don't need to see it that badly lol. It's bring a friend day so I assume that's why.

Just now, jcovelli said:

Good luck, I just attempted to go, the line of cars going in was two wide, bumper to bumper all the way down Kings Island Dr in both directions. I don't need to see it that badly lol. It's bring a friend day so I assume that's why.

3 hours ago, KIghostguy said:

Flight of Fear is in the process of being repainted. There is a new coat on the hangar doors and the blue stripe around the building.

I am not seeing what you saw. I was by there earlier and I see no evidence of painting.  Everything looks the same to me and the blue has water stains and scuffed in a few places. I could be wrong, but the hangar door, I am pretty sure was repainted before this season.

44 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I am not seeing what you saw. I was by there earlier and I see no evidence of painting.  Everything looks the same to me and the blue has water stains and scuffed in a few places. I could be wrong, but the hangar door, I am pretty sure was repainted before this season.

I’ve attached a photo from April 14 of this year and a photo from today.

I went up and touched the hangar door and it is fresh paint. Two paint buckets are hidden behind the fog machine in the outer left corner.

4BC1EC0E-B2A3-4CD4-B382-BC840B84AF50.jpeg

8E22B839-D51B-4A5B-BB57-8CCDF8F0744D.jpeg

• Like 12