Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

Well, the mods here are back to removing any posts that criticise the park for ">$" giga comments, even if written jokingly. Anyone else smell freedom of speech infringement? Maybe the park should stop requesting the removal of such, and start building on the  constructive criticism. 

Name of crane: El Cheapo. :-)

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

27 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

Another brake run support is up. I don’t think they can go much further with the brake run until the is built after this piece.

You’re right! For a quick second it looked like it was a new support attached to the lift hill. I wonder if we’ll get another piece of track to attach to it today?

ED165AC1-F400-4D45-8EDA-FB965B6BE39E.jpeg

• Like 3

There seems to be no more pieces of track under the lift to be installed for the brake run so probably no more pieces of track today after this one.  Also, there only really seems to be one maaaaybe two more pieces of the brake run track left to install as well as one support.  That large support on the ground will also probably need to be moved before they can install the last brake run support. 

BrakeRun.JPG

RealBrakeRun.JPG

• Like 6

My nomination for the big white crane is Artemis.  Fits the Greek mythology theme with Orion and Zeus.  Also, per Wikipedia:

In Greek mythology, Orion (/əˈrən/; Ancient Greek: Ὠρίων or Ὠαρίων; Latin: Orion)[1] was a giant huntsman whom Zeus (or perhaps Artemis) placed among the stars as the constellation of Orion.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

My nomination for the big white crane is Artemis.  Fits the Greek mythology theme with Orion and Zeus.  Also, per Wikipedia:

In Greek mythology, Orion (/əˈrən/; Ancient Greek: Ὠρίων or Ὠαρίων; Latin: Orion)[1] was a giant huntsman whom Zeus (or perhaps Artemis) placed among the stars as the constellation of Orion.

I like this as well!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, sixohdieselrage said:

That's why I like the "pro" mode. Can adjust your settings closer. 

Just got this phone a few months ago and haven't really played with camera settings yet. Hope to figure it out some more before winterfest. Gotta get some decent pics of the completed lift hill. Lol

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fishleehooker said:

That seems about right.  I'd say the end of the week myself. 

1 hour ago, Maverick44 said:

I like this as well!

I just wish we could give them some names that make them easier to remember. Artemis is a cool name but White Castle or Casper is easier to remember bc it’s a white crane. 
Also, we apparently have 2 or 3 more cranes coming..:

Agree. I would think the two will put up the lift hill, while the one in the parking lot will begin to build another across the way or something like that.  Then again, I am learning a lot watching this go down. I think once the 2nd monster crane is built, the hill starts going up. 

• Like 1