Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

I bet I ride this sucker 50 times next year at minimum.  I love the addition and it keeps getting better as I learn and watch more. 

1 hour ago, flightoffear1996 said:

After my last visit I Cedar Point on Sunday Kings Island is the crown jewel of the chain. I have yet to go to Knotts Berry Farm though. KI just needs to fill in a gap in their coaster collection and add some new flat rides and it could be the best the park outside of Disney/Universal. 

I totally agree. For me, get this, and another coaster or 2 (Gotta get that RMC to complete it for me), some more family rides and keep improving the already great Snoopy area and this one is gonna be untouchable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Fishleehooker said:

I totally agree. For me, get this, and another coaster or 2 (Gotta get that RMC to complete it for me), some more family rides and keep improving the already great Snoopy area and this one is gonna be untouchable. 

I will add to this the park need a great Intamin launch coaster as well. BLITZ! haha If KI can pull all of this off it might come very close to CP.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

After my last visit I Cedar Point on Sunday Kings Island is the crown jewel of the chain. I have yet to go to Knotts Berry Farm though. KI just needs to fill in a gap in their coaster collection and add some new flat rides and it could be the best the park outside of Disney/Universal. 

So I havent been to Carowinds yet. But I got the lucky chance to do some work in California this past spring. And did knotts. 

What

a

Beautiful Park. Very impressed with Knotts. Lacking a few coasters imo like a hyper or something a little more intense frome B&M for that park. But also have a few that are RARE. Montazoomas Revenge. Awesome credit. 

But I agree that Kings Island is one of the top dogs. Such a spread out park I dont feel like rushing around like i do in Cedar Point. I can go to Kings Island to relax and have a skyline coney or i can go and ride word class B&M Invert, Diamondback, Mystic. BEAST. and Dropzone is a big benefit in my opinion

S&S towers are fun. good views. but nothing like a gyro.

Agree with you heavily FOF1996

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Maverick44 said:

I will add to this the park need a great Intamin launch coaster as well. BLITZ! haha If KI can pull all of this off it might come very close to CP.

I LOVE CP, but as a KI homer, I always like the fact that I could ride a lot more rides do the lines chewing through people rather quickly and slightly smaller crowd sizes. This year I bought fast passes to CP and KI and had to wait much longer at CP. If KI can get a lineup close to CP and hold that line moving edge thing, itll be very close IMO. 

1 hour ago, CedarIslander said:

Unpopular opinion time... KI will always be number 2 to CP in my book.  It's a close 2nd, but still 2nd. 

KI always maintained the line advantage though. You could always get in more rides at KI.  So if they can get a few more coasters, it'll be hard to have a better day at an amusement park than at KI ,even if CP always holds an edge in thrill rides, which it will for the next 10 years or so. 

1 minute ago, Kodistict said:

Looks like we have another brake run support up.

Screenshot (186).png

Yes! And the track will probably go very soon after.  Then all that is left is the hill/drop... One thing to mention is if you look at Artemis it looks like it already has its lower boom section done since the cables are in place, Also, the end piece of the first boom seems to be red unlike the rest of the boom which is white...

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Fishleehooker said:

I am really eager to see what stuff goes in and around the entrance to Orion.  More stuff back there will take some more crowd with them so the entire park should fit a few more people in or at least the park would feel a little less congested. 

Just as long as they don't get rid of the beautiful bushes.

Screenshot (153).png

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Fishleehooker said:

Yeah another support is up, and it appears a truck might be backing up with some more brake run to install today.  Good work

If I counted correctly it should be the last piece of brake run. The next piece should be the “last” hill that goes into the brake run. Now I am not sure if that piece will also have some brakes on it too. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Kodistict said:

It already looks like it has a hook, so could it possibly be used to assemble smaller parts of the coaster? Or is this only temporary?

I would say this is temporary. Most likely to place the lower part of the track spine. It would make since to have to heavy lifting cranes to move it into place then have one relocate to hold it wile the other put up the support for it. Then once that is done they will add to little Arty.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Rockfrog33 said:

I would say this is temporary. Most likely to place the lower part of the track spine. It would make since to have to heavy lifting cranes to move it into place then have one relocate to hold it wile the other put up the support for it. Then once that is done they will add to little Arty.

Totally agree.  If you watch Fury's construction one of the big red cranes was only half its max height for about a week while they put up the first portion of the lift hill.  Then once they were done with that they added on the taller section of the boom.

• Like 3