Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

1 hour ago, Fishleehooker said:

Up here in Vandalia, next to Dayton Airport, its extremely windy, so that couldn't make things any easier today.  Impressive work once again!

Just because it is windy on the ground, doesnt mean winds aloft are bad. We have gone up on days where you'll get a shear wind on the ground, but it would be smooth as glass above 250 feet. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

Just because it is windy on the ground, doesnt mean winds aloft are bad. We have gone up on days where you'll get a shear wind on the ground, but it would be smooth as glass above 250 feet. 

That's really interesting information, I would assume that it would only get stronger not cut off. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, sixohdieselrage said:

Yeah, and true that, but all the crane work was from 0 feet to about 100 at most.  The brake run stuff and the crane being built was pretty good stuff in today's winds is all I'm saying and it probably made it a little slower going getting the stuff in place.  

Had the craziest dream last night. All the blueprints and promotional materials we've seen for Orion so far were a red-herring.  Instead of going straight back by The Beast, the actual layout took a right hand turn and went OVER The Racer and into Vortex's plot of land. Craziness. 

Good morning, everyone!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Nutterie said:

Are you sure? On the camera it looks like we just passed the lift.

Enviado desde mi SM-N960U mediante Tapatalk

I think so... According to the layout, there's 8 supports total for the brake run. And the webcam shows 8 supports installed. 

• Like 2

Per the ILN weather balloon launch today and recorded sounding, it’s definitely windy with altitude. Wind barbs show direction and speed. Full lines equal 10 knots, half lines are 5, and triangles are 50.

1a5fcca15b78434001375129a5f5f374.jpg

Current conditions and forecasts from local airports actually have winds decreasing during the day today.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CedarIslander said:

I think so... According to the layout, there's 8 supports total for the brake run. And the webcam shows 8 supports installed. 

I agree. I think the only piece that is left is the “last” hill which might have some brakes on the opposite end. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Alchemist said:

Can’t wait to enjoy me some brake run.  Slowing down over a long distance is my jam.

Seems like one train in station, one next to storage shed and one on break run if they are stacked? there's no way this coaster has 4 trains you think?

4 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Seems like one train in station, one next to storage shed and one on break run if they are stacked? there's no way this coaster has 4 trains you think?

3 trains with 8 cars per train. Riders are arranged 4 across in a single row for a total of 32 riders per train. <---from RCDB.com