Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

5 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I don't think a software update is going to give you a different view.

Yeah probably more like Nintendo’s standard note with each system update:

Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience

:rolleyes:

On another note has anyone here tried Google Earth in VR?  It really is fascinating being able to fly around a park and look at stuff in 3D from whatever perspective you want.  It really would be incredible if in the future the park could set up a camera system with a live VR feed of a coaster construction.  Possibly could even be technically accomplished now on some level with a few stand-off drones hovering a safe distance away.  

LOvinMe is right.  Wonder what they will get done while the cranes are being built?  I suspect basically any area that will need crane use.   I guess I am wondering most when they also start on other areas of the coaster.  Either way we are getting much closer to the good stuff. 

• Like 1

LOvinMe is right.  Wonder what they will get done while the cranes are being built?  I suspect basically any area that will need crane use.   I guess I am wondering most when they also start on other areas of the coaster.  Either way we are getting much closer to the good stuff. 

That is not correct. There will only be the two large cranes currently assembled. The large white one in the parking lot will be used to bring up the coaster workers to bolt the pieces together. 76c0b6111cf1a4d5228bf43ababb661d.jpg
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

Is the white truck crane in the parking lot even tall enough to reach that high?

I believe that the crane in the parking lot is this model or something very similar.

https://www.sterettcrane.com/pdf/Truck Cranes/Sterett-LTM-1500-164ft.pdf

It does seem that a larger boom can be added to this crane to increase its height so that is what may be done to get it up to ~300 feet.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JonahWilliamson said:

Usually webcams come down for first test as well, wonder if it truly was software updates.

Well we know the track isn't complete and trains are not even on site from what we know lol If they are testing this coaster already I must of been asleep for 4 months lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Well we know the track isn't complete and trains are not even on site from what we know lol If they are testing this coaster already I must of been asleep for 4 months lol

LOLOL this kids is why you learn to elaborate in english class.

Sometimes when there is the slightest chance of risk they will close the webcams down if anything could go wrong it will mentality.

In this case putting the crane together, or maybe bringing something into the sight they dont want us to see.. or

simply they might actually be updating

• Like 4

Off topic...I agree about Cedar Point, but don't think it will be completely wrecked.  I'm sure I'll make it up 2 or 3 times.  I guess that third or more trip depends on how long the waits were on the other trips.  

So have we confirmed the crane in the lot is tall enough? I didn't think it was, but wasn't quite sure how many times that can extend or whatnot.   If it is..then they are indeed very close. I suspect they do some cam stuff of the construction, so even if live stuff is down, we should be able to see some stuff down the line of it. I'd love to see it in real time but understand the danger involved.  

• Like 1