Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

2 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

As much as I don't like not having the webcams available. I am willing to accept that the park has reasons for it and I will patiently wait for them to come back in the next several days hopefully. 

I still think it's a little odd that the web cams are down at a time when the demand would be the highest, but if you recall during... well, the entire season... there were huge network issues that contributed to the Royal Finale often being messed up almost every night.  Winterfest would be far, far more taxing on the network than that, so maybe those issues are being addressed.  If you think about it, the web cams are the only part of the web site that directly interact with the physical park itself, so it does add up.

Back on topic... 

I'll try to get my friend to get more photos from GWL tomorrow.  Who knows where we are in the construction process now!!

• Like 8

From the off-site pics that people have posted, and from the Weatherbug Cam, I've noticed that Zeus has been facing the opposite way of the lift hill, which has me thinking that they've added more to the drop too. 

Definitely seems possible since there were a bunch of drop pieces sitting behind Artemis before it was lifted. Also I bet Cleo and T-Bone have been busy moving more pieces of the lift hill over by the big cranes.
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

By the time they get the cam back up, the darn lift hill and drop will be completed.  Who wants to take bets?

They're planning on having the lift hill capped off during the first week of November. I highly doubt the cams will be down that long. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Klabergian Empire said:

A little of topic, 

but did they use cranes like the ones for Orion when they were building WindSeeker?

I don't know.

But Fun fact: the guy who ran the crane for WindSeeker used to go to my church and we knew him and his family well! His name is Keith Irwin! He also did the crane for Invertigo too in 99. 

• Like 5