Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

10 minutes ago, JonahWilliamson said:

Lift will be done this week. Fo sho

They really only have one more day of work on the lift. They are near the point one crane will hold most of it while the rest gets locked in.  This could, and my guess is, will be done by Monday evening. Then take down the two big crawler cranes, save the boom pieces for the new crawler that will be used elsewhere and off and running on the rest.

• Like 1

I think the first week of November is still a more reasonable timeframe to expect the lift to be completed. They still have to put up the other massive drop support, and there's seven more pieces of track until the hill is done. I'd expect them to build the drop in 2-3 days, from the 28th to the 30th (4 pieces of track), and if they're really rushing, then at the earliest, it gets topped off next Friday (November 1st).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BoddaH1994 said:

While I'd assume they don't work on weekends (and this weather isn't helping) it's possible that they will this weekend because of the crane rental.  Just a guess.  I admittingly have no idea what I'm talking about.

they've been working Saturdays and off Sundays. They may have switched this weekend because of the rain. 

• Like 2

Correct. Im just not going that in depth with my cell-phone photo edits... Just giving some current photos with a stroke of my thumb lol. Here's another.

Again, not drawing every support, I edited the extended lift piece in, and of course, its not accurate at all. (Trying to minimize irrelevant replies)

20191026_154427.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

How did you get that last lift piece in? Unless it was installed already. 

That piece was not installed as of yesterday, so if his picture is from today and not photoshopped they added another piece of track. Seems strange that they would have it extended out with the next support group not ready to catch it. Im heading over within the hour.

• Like 2

Sorry for the double post, but I got on racer today and here's a site update. There is now about 5 pieces of drop track by the backbone, about 9 pieces of track at the far right of the site, and I saw a some supports about to be assembled. Probably the second big first hill support.

• Like 3

I just noticed how Diamondback has that spine looking thing running up the lift supports a bit under the actual track. Will Orion have this as well or will the supports for Orion be simpler, like how we are seeing so far?

That’s for the chain. They are now placed inside the track

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Nutterie said:

I just noticed how Diamondback has that spine looking thing running up the lift supports a bit under the actual track. Will Orion have this as well or will the supports for Orion be simpler, like how we are seeing so far?

Nah that's the trough for the chain. For the B&M gigas, it's built into the spine since it's thicker.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ethancoaster said:

Nah that's the trough for the chain. For the B&M gigas, it's built into the spine since it's thicker.

Thanks for that info. I was wondering why it was in the animation. Why would the lift track be thicker. There wouldn't be added stress at that point versus a hyper 

• Like 2

Thanks for that info. I was wondering why it was in the animation. Why would the lift track be thicker. There wouldn't be added stress at that point versus a hyper 

The supports are further apart, the track is used as a support also. As an arch. The drop and lift both goes into the ground

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3