Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

Even though this isn't quite on Orion the coaster itself, it goes along with the Orion idea.

I just did CHAOS for the first time and let me say I enjoyed it. I love how interactive it is. Since the only attractions in Area 72 have 54" height requirements, I think it would be cool to make Chaos an all season long attraction. That also goes along with Cedar Fair wanting to do more interactive experiences. I know it probably won't happen, but just a thought of mine. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ry.bread said:

The backbone could use some paint touch ups!

62538763-9FB8-40E6-BECC-C55DE8680E98.jpeg

I could be wrong but I think it is mud lol...even though one would think yesterday's rain would have washed it off.but it had more a mud tint than primer tint...maybe someone with a zoom camera can tell lol

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

I could be wrong but I think it is mud lol...even though one would think yesterday's rain would have washed it off.but it had more a mud tint than primer tint...maybe someone with a zoom camera can tell lol

Yeah, there are a few more similar spots on the lift hill 

6F514719-2D55-4DB8-B703-7254760A9B3A.png

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, thatguyfromohio said:

Just rode Drop Tower, it’s like 10ft taller than Diamondback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THIS....

I just don't see this ride overtaking the skyline like Fury does at Carowinds even though they have another Diamondback like B&M in the park....

I hope I am wrong but I think from most vantage points it will get the nickname Diamondback 2.0

THIS....
I just don't see this ride overtaking the skyline like Fury does at Carowinds even though they have another Diamondback like B&M in the park....
I hope I am wrong but I think from most vantage points it will get the nickname Diamondback 2.0

Right, you can’t even see the ride in most of the park. But looking at Diamondback at some angles, it looks as tall as fury. Our giga is buried in the back of the park, and fury takes over the front

17 minutes ago, thatguyfromohio said:

Right, you can’t even see the ride in most of the park. But looking at Diamondback at some angles, it looks as tall as fury. Our giga is buried in the back of the park, and fury takes over the front

Yet Fury lift hill is towards the back like Orion will be...or Leviathan...

Intimidator at Carowinds is in the front of the park and Fury back in the park still overtakes the skyline....that likely won't happen with Orion...

Keep in mind, Orion will only be 57 feet taller than Diamondback, not to mention Diamondback sits slightly higher than Orion. 

Right, Diamondback does feel pretty tall when you’re on it. You already see the whole park, and even though the drop isn’t steep, it still feels very steep on it. Even tho Orion does have its similarities, the elements are surely more extreme

• Like 2

I am not surprised by this. What is Orion's lift hill height? 287? That's only about 50 ft taller than DB. Orion also is on lower grounds than DB. It will not look much bigger compared to DB next year. I don't expect it to have the look that Intimidator and Fury have on the skyline of Carowinds. Driving down 71, Fury looks like a beast.

On the other hand, I think it will FEEL a lot bigger than DB.

• Like 1

Keep in mind the proportions are different also which makes Orion look similar to DB. Orions backbone and supports are both much larger than DB, but at the same proportion. Similar to how MF looks way taller than 300' because of it's small track and huge towering supports. Orion is somewhat hiding it's height in well designed proportions. 

• Like 3

We understand terrain and optics and things closer look bigger than things far away - it is just an observation that this will not tower the skyline like the other Cedar Fair gigas do.

Standing in Carowinds parking lot right next to Intimidator and your eyes are drawn to the size and magnitude of the Fury lift hill that is towards the back of the park and don't really give Intimidator much thought...you hear people in the lot saying look at the size of Fury while they are literally next to Intimidator...Orion will not do that from our parking lot...

To the casual general public Orion is not gonna give that major omnipresent feel like the other Cedar Fair gigas do - all whose lift hills are towards the back of the park...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FreedomPenguin said:

If I was KI, I would use the cranes, put together Orion, then use the cranes on site to take down Vortex at same time.

Anyone know if this is possible? I mean, it could be done pretty quick with all the stuff on site?

I get where your coming from thinking it would save on money. However they will more than likely be cutting it into pieces like Firehawk.

• Haha 1