Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

6 hours ago, thatguyfromohio said:

741 going into mason when you can see Kings Island in the distance, you can see all of Diamondback hills, and how tall the cranes really are, around 350ft tall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's pretty cool. When driving up I-71 North, the cranes peak out over the trees before you can even see the Warren County Water Tower or any rides in the skyline.  Those cranes really are massive!

Furthermore, while Orion won't "look" that much taller than Diamondback, it balances out the park nicely.  I always liked how Son of Beast framed out the Eiffel Tower when driving north and Orion has a similar effect.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Fitzcoasts14 said:

Pretty much all the B&M's with the clamshell restraints and hard OTSR's are 54 inches. Orion will be 54 inches, no doubt.

Definitely, it's on the site and same info was posted in the Eiffel Tower elevator when we went during Haunt. 

Screenshot_20191029-103818_Chrome.jpg

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Fitzcoasts14 said:

Wasn't Vortex the second tallest Arrow looper?

Arguably the second tallest in existence in recent years. Viper at SFMM is objectively taller, and Tennessee Tornado at Dollywood is statistically taller but built on the side of a mountain. As for defunct Arrow Loopers, Great American Scream Machine (SFGAdv), Shockwave (SFGAm), Steel Phantom (Kennywood), and Drachen Fire (BGW) were all taller than Vortex.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, pkiknex25 said:

Arguably the second tallest in existence in recent years. Viper at SFMM is objectively taller, and Tennessee Tornado at Dollywood is statistically taller but built on the side of a mountain. As for defunct Arrow Loopers, Great American Scream Machine (SFGAdv), Shockwave (SFGAm), Steel Phantom (Kennywood), and Drachen Fire (BGW) were all taller than Vortex.

Did Steel Phantom count as a Looper or a Hyper?

12 minutes ago, CoasterOhio said:

Safe to say it's probably nearly the same height as Diamondback currently. 

I soooooo wish we knew how tall it was right now so we could mentally see the full structure. haha  I bet we will see it topped off at Winterfest.  

6 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Morning! It was an emotional day at KI on Sunday.

Sunday was certainly a whirlwind of a day for me! First was breakfast with the KIC fam, then church and finally KI (which included rides on Bat, Adventure Express, Blue Racer, Beast and of course one last ride on Vortex; also I went through Blackout twice - each walkthrough was interesting in its own way :lol:).

• Like 2