Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

11 minutes ago, Klabergian Empire said:

Has anyone considered maybe the park would hold off on topping off until opening weekend for Winterfest so they can attract crowds for it?

Doubt it, construction schedule wouldn't make sense to do that. It'll most likely be done this week.

• Like 3

981353E6-BB87-48A7-83ED-D3712967C918.png

3A69DDDD-BF20-42CE-8FF5-61AD166F69CB.jpeg

I feel like these pictures perfectly show how much Orion’s drop is near vertical compared to Leviathan’s drop already. I can not wait to see more drop installed and how much of the hill will be 85°. I actually remember most renderings saying that the drop would only be a maximum 80° if I remember correctly I think some said 78° no one thought it would be 85°. Which is kinda nice to know since that is one thing the blueprints didn’t tell us. 

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Hueney020 said:

I feel like these pictures perfectly show how much Orion’s drop is near vertical compared to Leviathan’s drop already. I can not wait to see more drop installed and how much of the hill will be 85°. I actually remember most renderings saying that the drop would only be a maximum 80° if I remember correctly I think some said 78° no one thought it would be 85°. Which is kinda nice to know since that is one thing the blueprints didn’t tell us. 

No renderings or anything ever told us how steep it would be. Only thing announcing the angle of decent is from Dayton Daily News and that was 85°

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JonahWilliamson said:

Cranes are up and moving. Hope something happens today

Let’s hope so, I think I got most of the morning free and they haven’t moved in a bit. I can only hope they are rigging up the next piece of support... 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Waltny said:

Let’s hope so, I think I got most of the morning free and they haven’t moved in a bit. I can only hope they are rigging up the next piece of support... 

Are you there right now or just watching the WeatherBug cam?  I would guess at the speed they're going,  the lucky day might be Friday, to be topped off,  if the rain isn't to much of a problem.  I hope the next support piece is put up today also!  

• Like 1

There’s no way it’s getting topped today. It’s absolutely within the realm of possibilities that they complete the track work up to the drop support, since it includes one more support segment + and two track pieces, but the hill in its entirety is not getting topped off. There’s 6 more pieces of track they have to placed, 4 of which are at/near 300 feet and unsupported. Earliest the lift gets done is Friday.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Imperial79 said:

Are you there right now or just watching the WeatherBug cam?  I would guess at the speed they're going,  the lucky day might be Friday, to be topped off,  if the rain isn't to much of a problem.  I hope the next support piece is put up today also!  

I was just there but nature called and it is actively raining with no movement for over 30 mins I left for now. I may work on and post yesterday’s video footage as it is still relevant. As long as no calls pop up, I’ll probably head back around 1230ish to check on things. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I think it'll be topped off next week especially since we are supposed to get a ton of rain today and tomorrow. Kinda sucks since tomorrow is Halloween and it feels like rain on Halloween is the new normal imo. 

Yeah we moved to a new neighborhood that has tons of kids so we were all fired up for trick or treat. I'm bummed about the weather for everyone who enjoys it. We usually hang with my parents and play spooky music and adult cider while enjoying the kids and scene.  Double bummer that it effects the roller coaster!

• Like 1