Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

1 hour ago, Maverick44 said:

hey everyone. So what are we missing today?

Judging by the lack of crane movement since it started raining, I'm guessing not much.

1 hour ago, Fitzcoasts14 said:

I could see it being topped off sometime this week because today and Halloween are pretty much the only days with crappy weather.

You realize that leaves only Friday and an unknown-if-working-Saturday as the rest of this week, right? With half of an A-frame support and 6 track pieces to go? Cresting with the top 3 pieces takes a day itself, according to Fury and Leviathan.

• Like 3

I have been over there on and off today and have not seen anything of note. I’ll be there in about 20 minutes with my big camera in hopes of some movement. If not I won’t grab anything new as it would be where it was yesterday with the images I shared.

Edit: The crane did move from the spot it was earlier but nothing to show for it. I would expect they may have rigged everything this morning before it got nasty, so maybe we get more of the support tomorrow... if it’s decent weather. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Waltny said:

I have been over there on and off today and have not seen anything of note. I’ll be there in about 20 minutes with my big camera in hopes of some movement. If not I won’t grab anything new as it would be where it was yesterday with the images I shared.

Edit: The crane did move from the spot it was earlier but nothing to show for it. I would expect they may have rigged everything this morning before it got nasty, so maybe we get more of the support tomorrow... if it’s decent weather. 

It is supposed to be very rainy tomorrow too. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Waltny said:

Well, then there is that...

I wonder with that much rain if it will push everything out to next week. 

Maybe, but probably won't push the project as a whole behind schedule.  As you may recall, they said a few weeks ago that they were ahead because of the favorable weather in September and October.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Maybe, but probably won't push the project as a whole behind schedule.  As you may recall, they said a few weeks ago that they were ahead because of the favorable weather in September and October.

I do recall that and wasn't too particularly worried about the project as a whole. I have no doubt they will finish in time, Im loosely trying to manage my time and expectations for capturing the rest of the lift, drop and the capping off of the crest. Ill worry about the rest of the project when it becomes time as I think I may have a plan to capture the rest of the project via photo and/or video without breaking any of the rules or flying like Six. Hopefully it works out.

• Like 1

If you've got the cahoneys to go up there and tighten all those bolts down putting this thing together I'm guessing you could probably take an afternoon nap actually sitting down and riding it. Glad there are folks who don't mind doing such things---not for me.

• Like 1

From the park’s Twitter page:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s a pic we’ve had for over a week. I wish they would at least post something we should be able to see on the webcams but can’t. I may be in the minority but I sure miss when Don Helbig was in charge of PR. I feel things have gone downhill since Chad took over.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, bjcolglazier said:

If you've got the cahoneys to go up there and tighten all those bolts down putting this thing together I'm guessing you could probably take an afternoon nap actually sitting down and riding it. Glad there are folks who don't mind doing such things---not for me.

I’ve been on top of Drop Tower to mount a camera back when I was in tech services before I went to the electric shop. there’s actually a small man basket lift inside to get to the motor house at the top. When I was sitting up there along with a co-worker you can feel the tower swaying with even the slightest breeze, talk about a gut wrenching feeling...

• Like 7

That’s a pic we’ve had for over a week. I wish they would at least post something we should be able to see on the webcams but can’t. I may be in the minority but I sure miss when Don Helbig was in charge of PR. I feel things have gone downhill since Chad took over.

The park just posted this an hour ago. It shows the whole station as of today.

• Like 1

The park just posted this an hour ago. It shows the whole station as of today.

Yes and it looks the same as it did from ET a week and a half ago. It’s sad that the best views of this coaster construction are from Great Wolf Lodge by enthusiasts that care enough about this coaster to keep us updated. Huge let down
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, pkiridesmaint said:

I’ve been on top of Drop Tower to mount a camera back when I was in tech services before I went to the electric shop. there’s actually a small man basket lift inside to get to the motor house at the top. When I was sitting up there along with a co-worker you can feel the tower swaying with even the slightest breeze, talk about a gut wrenching feeling...

Any pictures??

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Klabergian Empire said:

I've personally never seen a beacon on Diamondback, and its over 200' tall...

You also have to take into account the height of things surrounding it. If you have a 200' tall coaster, but trees near it on a hill at 150', the coaster is considered 50' above surrounding terrain.   The tower is tall enough to "cover" most of the stuff around it.  

• Like 2