Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

On 11/1/2019 at 10:30 PM, Kodistict said:

Yeah, like how they say "Gentlemen, start your engines!" On I305. I would love it if they said T-minus how ever many seconds until dispatch.

I was in a band called T-Minus 10. Still think that's one of the better band names that I have been in.

• Like 2

From what I could see in the picture and the video, I have a few comments:

1. I would guess that topping is going to be Tuesday. I don't believe it will be tomorrow because the first two pieces of the drop still in their staging locations, as well as the end of the maintenance stairs that goes with the top piece. It is nice to see that they have the last 2 lift pieces prepared though. I think we may see the next drop piece (no additions necessary) lifted tomorrow, but that would be it.

2. We finally have confirmation that the drop pullout has been completed!

3. Does anyone remember that small grassy hill to the right after passing underneath Racer (across from FoF exit)? It looks like it's been at least de-grassed if not flattened out. Area 72 restrooms? ;)

• Like 8

I dislike the drone thing a lil bit. The drone isnt illegal in anyway.  But rules are rules i guess...

It just sucks that someone is flying a drone and sharing the photos, And im excited to fly my drone when i go down in a few weeks. Im 100% gonna fly it but wont be able to share it any of it with you on here and it just sucks that the people we pay has a say and can message the mods of this site. But i didnt start the sight so i guess rules are rules

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

We need to stop talking about the video. It broke park policy regarding drones!

I have not seen video yet. Did he fly over park property or stay on the surrounding grounds? He is did not trespass or fly over the property it self  I see no difference in that compared to the aerial shots we got before? Also I thought as logn as its not shared in the threads it was fine?  If someone personally messages just a link?  If i am wrong i do apologize. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Can anyone DM me the link to the video? I'd like to see it!

Just search Kings Island drone video then sort by new on YouTube. It also has recently been posted on r/Rollercoasters recently. The video appears to have been legally captured. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Browntggrr said:

KIC needs to keep a working relationship with the park.  If there is the slightest inclination that the footage was illegally taken, it should be removed from KIC.

If we were invited to media events or KIC got something special out the relationship i completely understand. But we dont get invited for media stuff, we dont get anything. All i do every season is pay my money. 

edit: erie is dope. Gannon is a fun school lol.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Browntggrr said:

KIC needs to keep a working relationship with the park.  If there is the slightest inclination that the footage was illegally taken, it should be removed from KIC.

I completely agree. Can those videos be shared privately is the question. Also as i stated I still have not watch it. Did the done fly over park property?  

They probably did; But I'm not completely positive.

But the video is out there, we can't post it here, but to pretend that we didn't see it seems nonsensical. If you actually didn't see it, that's your prerogative. I don't like that they probably trespassed, but I can't control them. This is an issue with the park and police if they want to punish them.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, JonahWilliamson said:

If we were invited to media events or KIC got something special out the relationship i completely understand. But we dont get invited for media stuff, we dont get anything. All i do every season is pay my money. 

edit: erie is dope. Gannon is a fun school lol.

We did when I ran KIC. Unfortunately there have been some personnel shifts within the park which put their relationship with KIC and other enthusiast groups on the rocks.

They also walked away empty handed this year at the Golden Ticket Awards. Just sayin’. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Maverick44 said:

I have not seen video yet. Did he fly over park property or stay on the surrounding grounds? He is did not trespass or fly over the property it self  I see no difference in that compared to the aerial shots we got before? Also I thought as logn as its not shared in the threads it was fine?  If someone personally messages just a link?  If i am wrong i do apologize. 

In my opinion from the angles he got he would have had to be over the parks property. I made mention that I though it should not be allowed in the one KI Season Passholder Facebook page it was on, and got rode pretty hard about it. The dude that took it comes across very arrogant and said KI can’t do a thing... so rules only apply to those not willing to push them... anyhow I’ve been over in the great wolf lodge parking lot and they had a guy on the lift over on the drop side for a bit and they have since parked WindSeeker at the top. Really surprised that’s it. 

Picture is taken off the back of DSLR.

EC1681C8-0CA1-440D-9AB3-D01D3280B322.jpeg

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Waltny said:

In my opinion from the angles he got he would have had to be over the parks property. I made mention that I though it should not be allowed in the one KI Season Passholder Facebook page it was on, and got rode pretty hard about it. The dude that took it comes across very arrogant and said KI can’t do a thing... so rules only apply to those not willing to push them... anyhow I’ve been over in the great wolf lodge parking lot and they had a guy on the lift over on the drop side for a bit and they have since parked WindSeeker at the top. Really surprised that’s it. 

Picture is taken off the back of DSLR.

EC1681C8-0CA1-440D-9AB3-D01D3280B322.jpeg

He’s right. The park can’t do anything legally. However it is a policy to not do that so you’d run the risk of being banned from the property or whatever. 

• Like 3

I am fully against breaking any of the park rules or KIC rules.  I love being on this site. I just didn't know if we  could ask to have the video shared with my in a private message. Seemed to have someone state we need to drop talking about it. Idk.

• Like 2

Just to clarify with respect to drones:

• Kings Island park rules are more restrictive than the law. These rules prohibit flying drones over the property. Those violating this rule are routinely issued bans from entering Kings Island.
  • Many people found flying drones at or near the park are also in violation of FAA rules or local laws. Kings Island will notify relevant authorities if laws are being violated at or near the park.
  • Drone footage of the park, no matter where it's taken from, is not allowed on KIC. Please don't link it here either.
  • Like 2