Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

51 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

Not sure why you are so concerned about this. He hasn’t done anything illegal. He seems to have a legit photography business and this was likely to get clicks to it. I wouldn’t personally do it because I don’t have a drone or drone license but he’s free to do what he wants legally. Just don’t post it on KIC.

I’m concerned since a moron is giving enthusiasts, who do follow the rules, a bad name. Just because the person doing it is a business owner doesn’t mean they can ignore the rules of other companies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

I’m concerned since a moron is giving enthusiasts, who do follow the rules, a bad name. Just because the person doing it is a business owner doesn’t mean they can ignore the rules of other companies.

The fortunate thing is the park knows exactly who that guy is and already don’t like him, so every time the sh-t hits the fan for that guy KIC doesn’t necessarily get splattered. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ethancoaster said:

Ah, from the wording in that tweet, it sounds like it won’t be topped off today.

It's not really safe working conditions with the winds today. Between the rain, and the winds a 300' in the air it's quite dangerous. Looking at the forecast, Tomorrow, Friday and Saturday look like the safest days this week to lift. I lay watermain, and with a 10 mph wind, it's hard to lay 12" c900 at times. I could only imagine lifting a 1 ton+ piece of track 280' feet in the air with these winds. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

287’  ;) (yes I’m aware the cranes are higher then that)

Yes that is the top height of the hill, but the crest of the "arch" has to be lowered in place, so the track piece could easily be dangling at 300' to clear the workers and the existing trackB) 

5 hours ago, thatguyfromohio said:

bd0b0ca5869b51e978683389839da817.png

Can’t wait to see it topped off, hopefully some kind of documentary is filmed like fury

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just finished watching the one done by DOMA if that's the one you're talking about. I really enjoyed the construction process being shown in a semi-decent aspect. I've always been fascinated with these big coaster jobs. Just like giant Lego Technic!  

• Like 2

Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny so I'm guessing we'll see plenty of work then. It's also supposed to get really cold over the next several days. I believe Don during an interview during Banshee's construction said that the really cold helps the workers since the ground isn't as muddy and stayed hard. 

Here is a link to the interview: 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, DeltaFlyer said:

By maintenance, do you mean a part is broken that will take several months to replace as it is manufactured overseas? :ph34r:

Hey now....why does everyone gotta pick on me for liking certain roller coasters!

All you B&M lovers are Bor**g  just like their coasters. :P

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I live a few minutes from the park and the skies are clearing up. Here's to hoping we see something happen today!

Edit: Looking at the weatherbug, it looks like they are putting in a drop piece!!

Edit: Here is a screenshot from the weatherbug:

Weatherbug KI.jpg

Good catch! It does look like a piece is being installed!

• Like 2