Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

9 minutes ago, JonahWilliamson said:

Tidbit: My income is completely from photos and videos. 

all i gotta say

THIS PHOTO IS darn GOOD

Thank you sir, I used to be pretty good once upon ago. Orion and documenting adventures with my son has reignited my passion and blowing the dust off the camera. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JonahWilliamson said:

@Waltny Love to hear it.

I shoot weddings and ad campaigns but when i do eventually have downtime I love shooting coasters and trips. Love love love cameras and coasters

I did a couple weddings way back when. I also dabbled in portraits and real estate but I dont do well in those situations when pressed for deadlines. Anyhow, I was a fairly decorated amature at the county and state level when I lived in Utah, I can pm links to you some of my old stuff if you would like. 

Anyhow, look forward to seeing some of your stuff from when you come down as winterfest is very photogenic. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JonahWilliamson said:

what makes me a little nervous is the one crane to the left isnt wired up but im almost positive they cant leave that track unsupported

The piece that they just put up can support itself. Both Leviathan and Fury were erected as such.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fitzcoasts14 said:

You know, everyone is dissing it because of it being the shortest giga, but it still gigantic. I really don't see the problem, and I think it might be the best giga with all the unique elements and airtime moments.

Agree. Another thing not totally noted by anyone: the landscape goes lower and lower all the way to the turnaround, Before making its way kinda up and back.  So its gonna be absolutely hauling and at its fastest all the way at the turn possibly. I think that's where it could hit 94-95 on a good day hopefully. 

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Waltny said:

I did a couple weddings way back when. I also dabbled in portraits and real estate but I dont do well in those situations when pressed for deadlines. Anyhow, I was a fairly decorated amature at the county and state level when I lived in Utah, I can pm links to you some of my old stuff if you would like. 

Anyhow, look forward to seeing some of your stuff from when you come down as winterfest is very photogenic. 

Heres a few of my favs ive taken at Kings Island. The WindSeeker one KI actually tweeted. Very excited for winterfest. And Yea! Send me some of your stuff!! Love to talk photos any video anytime!

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Edit: Totally off topic sorry everyone. Got to excited with that construction pic

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Heres a few of my favs ive taken at Kings Island. The WindSeeker one KI actually tweeted. Very excited for winterfest. And Yea! Send me some of your stuff!! Love to talk photos any video anytime!
image.png.c14afa674f704138bbf315b7b85e2f1c.pngimage.png.d64d61da93d4ba8d1aebc57cd720a43d.pngimage.png.ba463e878dd9e8e301f61ecfca55112e.pngimage.png.0ebd54ed74b39bd6878ffa2859abacff.png
Edit: Totally off topic sorry everyone. Got to excited with that construction pic

e9c9a023f89d0a2c79b1e4f98baf1e45.jpg

A lot of people have never noticed this, but maverick and diamond share the same line entry sign

Source: google

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 6

17 minutes ago, Beast Night Rider said:

So there are 3 pieces left? This is where it's going to get tricky because there aren't any more supports. 

On 11/1/2019 at 1:47 PM, pkiknex25 said:

The method for Leviathan and Fury were fairly similar to each other and should tell us from here:
1. Exact same current set up, lift and drop up to last support each.
2. Add next piece of drop track. The drop is still steep enough that the rest of the drop can support the attached piece.
3. Last two lift pieces go up. Leviathan lifted them separately, Fury lifted together. Regardless of how lifted, the end of this segment must be supported by a crane.
4. Lift the last remaining piece, which is the first piece of the drop.

They have just completed step 2. Also, from the redacted picture and video, we know that the last 2 lift pieces will go up together as one.

• Like 2

It seems that the cranes are getting into position to lift the last straight piece of the lift based on the weatherbug cam.  If they start lifting it in the next hour then it maybe could be topped off today.  If not, then I would be surprised (weather permitting) if it wasn't topped off by tomorrow.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FreedomPenguin said:

so is it being topped today?

Tough call. I’m in the parking lot again and they lower the crane to the right and took off the basket lift for workers, yet the large one to the left keeps moving and I can see the strap attached to it. Guessing they are waiting for a big reveal with local and national news. Anyone got connections to find out? 

• Like 3