Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

14 minutes ago, TombraiderTy said:

Unless things have changed, that's not how crews work... I'm sure some of Firehawk's old associates went to KMAA, but others were probably dispersed through-out the park. I imagine Orion will have some of Vortex's, but it's not a simple "move crew from one ride to another".

1 minute ago, SnakePlissken said:

Employees will request to work on Orion for the year just like they do with Steel Vengeance due to it being the newest best biggest thing in the park. Simply moving the entire Vortex team over wouldn't be fair.

I see what you are both saying. I was just merely thinking about the crews and stuff.

• Like 1

Construction crews hoisted into place Lift Element #11, a 25,100-pound piece of Orion track, completing the lift hill and highest point of the new coaster.  The massive, 300 ft. drop coaster is on schedule and set to debut in Spring 2020, and will be the tallest and fastest coaster at Kings Island, and one of only 7 giga coasters on the planet, a group of coasters that have a height or drop of 300 – 399 feet.

Additional Information: 

·       Total Weight of the Lift Hill and First Drop:  1,166,000 pounds

·       Total Length of the Lift Hill and First Drop:  792 feetOrion’s steel track was fabricated at Clermont Steel Fabricators, located in Batavia, Ohio.

·       The steel plate used to fabricate Orion track was sourced from NuCor, located in Hertford County, NC

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Construction crews hoisted into place Lift Element #11, a 25,100-pound piece of Orion track, completing the lift hill and highest point of the new coaster.  The massive, 300 ft. drop coaster is on schedule and set to debut in Spring 2020, and will be the tallest and fastest coaster at Kings Island, and one of only 7 giga coasters on the planet, a group of coasters that have a height or drop of 300 – 399 feet.

Additional Information: 

·       Total Weight of the Lift Hill and First Drop:  1,166,000 pounds

·       Total Length of the Lift Hill and First Drop:  792 feetOrion’s steel track was fabricated at Clermont Steel Fabricators, located in Batavia, Ohio.

·       The steel plate used to fabricate Orion track was sourced from NuCor, located in Hertford County, NC

Who filmed this? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shaggy said:

My question is...

Do you pronounce it:

"Ohhhhhrian"

or

Oarriiiion?

LOL - I'm hearing it two different ways!

It’s “Oh-ryan.” Nobody ever had any trouble pronouncing the constellation, but for some reason now no one can pronounce the coaster name!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Anyone riding in the back row going over that drop: YOU HAVE CHOSEN DEATH!

A couple of questions though. Now that they're done with the drop, will the turnaround go up next? I know the wave turn comes first in the layout, but the turnaround is taller. And are they going to move the webcam so that we can watch the rest of the layout go up?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, LintemuthStudios said:

A couple of questions though. Now that they're done with the drop, will the turnaround go up next? I know the wave turn comes first in the layout, but the turnaround is taller. And are they going to move the webcam so that we can watch the rest of the layout go up?

The webcam has to work first lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, LintemuthStudios said:

Uhhhhh.... WHAT webcam??? 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, calakapepe said:

Haha the track looks thicker than Diamondback even though it's waay further away than it

B&M giga coasters have a much thicker spine on the lift hill and the first half of the drop. That’s how they are able to use a minimal amount of supports on the lift. Kinda like how Intimidator 305 had a double spine on its lift and drop, and it’s only being sported by two large support structures. 

• Like 1