Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

I have enjoyed roller coasters since I was roughly 8 years old, (early 80's) and never really got excited about the latest and greatest. I just rode the next one on my yearly trip to KI. Only one I was crazy excited about was the original Bat but I was not tall enough to ride it before it was shut down. For some reason, this one has really gotten me going. I am so excited to ride it that I am going crazy. I averaged one trip to KI every other to every 3rd year but for the first time we got season passes for 2020. It is $50 in gas to get there and back each trip and I think we will be spending lots of gas money this year. May have to say in a nearby hotel a couple times.  This thing looks incredible! I am not an engineer but do have experience with FMX riding on 150+ foot jumps. It sure looks to me that it will have some crazy air time. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Kodistict said:

For anybody who may have forgotten.

Giant red crane - Zeus

Other red crane with white tip - No Name?

White crane - Artemis (may be back when they are starting on the turnaround)

Yellow crane - T-Bone

Small white crane - Cleo

The half white half red crane can be called " Baskets" since he holds the basket the crew gets in haha 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jensenracing77 said:

I have enjoyed roller coasters since I was roughly 8 years old, (early 80's) and never really got excited about the latest and greatest. I just rode the next one on my yearly trip to KI. Only one I was crazy excited about was the original Bat but I was not tall enough to ride it before it was shut down. For some reason, this one has really gotten me going. I am so excited to ride it that I am going crazy. I averaged one trip to KI every other to every 3rd year but for the first time we got season passes for 2020. It is $50 in gas to get there and back each trip and I think we will be spending lots of gas money this year. May have to say in a nearby hotel a couple times.  This thing looks incredible! I am not an engineer but do have experience with FMX riding on 150+ foot jumps. It sure looks to me that it will have some crazy air time. 

Not to steal Orion's thunder but Steel Vengeance last year did this same thing for me. I had not been to any amusement parks in almost 14 years and I had to go Ride it. I bought my first platinum pass last fall because of it. Went to Kings Island for Haunt and Winterfest 18. Now here I am with Season fastlane for the chain, platinum, meal and dining plans and I may buy lockers too. I went to 5 parks this year for a total of about 25 visits. I can't wait to ride Onion on passholder preview night. I just wish there was a way I could go to media day but that's unlikely as I am not media and don't know anybody with this connections.

• Like 3