Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

1 hour ago, TheFloppyDisc said:

It looks like possibly the last piece of Artemis is gone now. Also, I just noticed that these supports are still here so they probably need to get those off before they can move the big cranes to the area over to right.

SmallSupp.JPG

In Fury's construction time lapse, you can see that those supports weren't removed until after construction was finished. So I assume that will happen with this too.

• Like 7

First glance from the webcam coming back online I thought someone had just mirrored Millennium Force and pasted it in. Looks pretty great! Can't wait to see the wave turn rise up. That looks like the highlight of the ride in my opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, KI FANATIC 37 said:

I know this has been said a lot, but I love that blue color. Looks much better than the renderings in my opinion!

Agreed. The drop also appears more pronounced/steep than in renders, I'm very curious how the 'wave turn' will look (and obviously ride) irl, it's massive! 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, kissfan4 said:

Wish they would either turn the Orion cam a little more, or raise up and turn the Diamondback cam so we could see the turn around, and Vortex come down.

It would be nice to see the demolition of Vortex tbh. Its not every day you see massive demolition you know!

Just an observation from the webcam...does it look like the walk back to Orion from the midway will be the same distance as it is from AZ to The Bat?  I know Firehawk's entrance queue was right there by the lockers, but from the webcam view, it looks as if Orion's (actual first) entrance queue will be a good ways back there. 

Am I wrong on my visual measurements?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Klabergian Empire said:

It would be nice to see the demolition of Vortex tbh. Its not every day you see massive demolition you know!

I'm sure there will be another software update to the webcams and internet  when demolition time comes around, so doubtful we'll have a chance to see that :rolleyes:

• Like 2