Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

14 hours ago, Fishleehooker said:

I went to Ikea today for a bookshelf and was excited and stunned to see Orion all the way from I75. It's only brief, but I saw it on the way down and back.  It's amazing. 

Coming from the north you can spot it near Traders World. You can see the top of the tower and Orion sitting on the horizon. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PilotDude said:

Coming from the north you can spot it near Traders World. You can see the top of the tower and Orion sitting on the horizon. 

Yeah that's exactly where I saw it!  On the way North I was craning my neck and swerving all over the place to see behind me. But I saw it again!  I guarantee my pulse went up. 

2 minutes ago, STLcoasters33 said:

Do the rest of the hills typically go up like the lift, starting at either end and meeting at the highest point? Very curious what’s been done (if anything) on the backside of the wave turn

I'd guess they'll definitely have the same strategy for doing the turnaround hill as it's over 200 feet, but I'm not sure about the wave turn hill.

• Like 1

Is it possible this will outshine almost all the gigas as far as ride experience? I think people were under-rating this coaster based on stats and blueprints. Love how that first drop is so steep and goes all the way to the ground only to blast into an amazing second hill.

• Like 11

36 minutes ago, presto123 said:

Is it possible this will outshine almost all the gigas as far as ride experience? I think people were under-rating this coaster based on stats and blueprints. Love how that first drop is so steep and goes all the way to the ground only to blast into an amazing second hill.

Although I was vocal about the stats being offensive (they are), I was also singing this tune as soon as I got a good look at the blueprints. Orion will be a succinct run through B&M's best speed coaster elements and possibly their best work to date.

• Like 7

16 hours ago, LintemuthStudios said:

I still don't think this is a wave turn. It's more like a giant overbank.

That's cause it isn't a wave turn lol. And we know for a fact that it isn't since we had the blueprints that showed it curve to the left. People are just calling it that.. maybe for clarity, or because there likely will be almost floater there.
Personally, it looks like the entrance and exit to that banked turn will have unexpected (for most) floater.
But 'wave turn' is more concise I guess :p

Wave turns normally look like a sideways bunnyhill from a skyview; even with weaker airtime than this. If I'm understanding this correctly.

wave turn.JPG

• Like 4