Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

5 minutes ago, Imperial79 said:

Yup, and it looks like they added a piece of the 2nd hill sometime early in the morning.   We might see the 2nd hill done in time for Winterfest opening day.

Which piece are you talking about? Maybe it's in plane sight and I just cant see it lol.

After seeing the actual webcam pic, I looked at the webcam thread and saw it was closed.

I'm actually happier about the webcams being back then I thought I'd be lol

Also, Winterfest starts in less than a week (though my brain is still in Haunt mode; I had a blast this year!)!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, MDMC01 said:

After seeing the actual webcam pic, I looked at the webcam thread and saw it was closed.

I'm actually happier about the webcams being back then I thought I'd be lol

Also, Winterfest starts in less than a week (though my brain is still in Haunt mode; I had a blast this year!)!

Only 6 days until WinterFest!!

6 Days!!!!!.png

• Like 4

I can't wait to ride this! If you look at povs of leviathan and I305 which pretty much go the same speed, are way faster than the simulation. I am also really excited for this first bank seeing how fast I305 goes through it's first airtime hill which is only 20 feet shorter than Orion's first bank.

• Like 2

With Vortex being removed and Orion's addition, KI's skyline will now mostly have their coaster lifts heading in the same direction, which is south. I have to say IMO, this doesn't look that good. It's almost like they keep designing their coasters so the lifts are easily viewed from 71. I think the skyline would look better if the lifts were facing in different directions. Hopefully with whatever replaces Vortex, the lift will approach a different direction.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, kirbias1 said:

With Vortex being removed and Orion's addition, KI's skyline will now mostly have their coaster lifts heading in the same direction, which is south. I have to say IMO, this doesn't look that good. It's almost like they keep designing their coasters so the lifts are easily viewed from 71. I think the skyline would look better if the lifts were facing in different directions. Hopefully with whatever replaces Vortex, the lift will approach a different direction.

Yeah but nothing beats staring at a full moon while going up a lift hill at night.   It's great.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LintemuthStudios said:

I'm not seeing any floater potential here, but you're going to be flying through that turn. Should be some great forces there.

giphy.gif

It won’t be sideways airtime in the vein of an RMC wave turn, where you experience lateral airtime, but rather floating vertically while your body is sideways. 

The trailer for the ride does a better job of showing the maneuver than the POV. Go to the 43 second mark.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, mikejenkins1 said:

So where does the chain run?  Most have a piece of track under the lift hill but not seen here.    So is it put closer to the track?

I believe I read on here earlier that the chain actually runs inside the spine on the newer models.  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

• Like 4