Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

16 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

The spine on the gigas are a lot thicker so they can run the chain return inside of track. 

Thanks.

Also I did see that Zeus (Clifford) was bent down and wondered if that meant they were done with it.

Do they need to extra large cranes for the turn around in the back?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kodistict said:

Will they be using the bottom half of zeus for other construction? There is another cable running off of that bottom half and I think I saw some of those cranes working on fury after the first lift.

Here is the start of the cable running off the second half:  Screenshot (55) 0064.png Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpLtyji2M9c

I am going to say they will finish construction with the other cranes they have on site.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

They can't.  They will need at least one crane like Zeus or Artemis to do the turnaround.  And probably the overbanked hill, too.

That's what I thought. I figure they will just use Zeus since we was just moved today.

• Like 1

They might use the other crane that's still in place. It uses a wheeled base with outriggers instead of crawler tracks, so it could probably be set up anywhere around the course without needing to build up a base pad like for the crawler cranes. Even without the extension boom attached it has some serious reach.

8 hours ago, PKIDelirium said:

They might use the other crane that's still in place. It uses a wheeled base with outriggers instead of crawler tracks, so it could probably be set up anywhere around the course without needing to build up a base pad like for the crawler cranes. Even without the extension boom attached it has some serious reach.

Exactly, this crane is more than capable of lifting the those track sections.

1 hour ago, kissfan4 said:

Exactly, this crane is more than capable of lifting the those track sections.

9 hours ago, PKIDelirium said:

I don't think they can lift the track up over 200 feet.  Maybe I am wrong. They didn't do any of the lift hill past the second support. idk

4 minutes ago, bengalsguy23 said:

^looks nice. I think blue clamshells would have contrasted the black seats well though.

I kind of like it because everything else is blue about Orion pretty much so it adds contrast against the blue track/trains/stations

• Like 1

I've never been on Leviathan or Fury, but the seats on these trains look different than something like Diamondback.  With Diamondback, the seats are so open and fastened with open metal supports, whereas with these, the seats seem more..."enclosed".  I think I love these trains more than the Diamondback ones.

• Like 1

I've never been on Leviathan or Fury, but the seats on these trains look different than something like Diamondback.  With Diamondback, the seats are so open and fastened with open metal supports, whereas with these, the seats seem more..."enclosed".  I think I love these trains more than the Diamondback ones.

They are like fury’s. They are more enclosed to keep you in on that second hill. If you’re wider, they are a tight fit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk