Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

1 hour ago, Kodistict said:

Look at how the supports of the second hill are being lit up now. I would love to see that on the ride, but I want it to still have an awesome night ride.

Screenshot (59).png

They have lights on because they’re still working back there.  They got a very late start on erecting a couple of track pieces. In the morning, I bet we see the crest of the overbanked hill installed.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

They have lights on because they’re still working back there.  They got a very late start on erecting a couple of track pieces. In the morning, I bet we see the crest of the overbanked hill installed.

You mean we WON'T SEE....right? 

The track is almost off the edge of the webcam right now.

• Like 2

As beautiful as Vortex is and soon will be WAS, I think The Racer and Beast look better and Orion is gonna be a spectacle.  But I think Racer is just beautiful.  I hope it stays basically the same, perhaps with re track and a return to backwards (Hint, hint KI!! :)).  Perhaps a computer to sync the race. But it looks awesome and I think should forever be cherished.  IMO that coaster basically gave us the song Love Rollercoaster, but more importantly gave us Beast and really every great coaster after Racer and Beast is thanks to it.  Its a real treasure.  The camera makes me really see that right now. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tuxedoman52 said:

Crazy that Orion's lift and first half of the wave turn are already longer than Racer. Just goes to show how massive this thing is.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Yeah it is.   But...to be technical The Racer is two coasters, so everything is doubled.  But still...after riding Racer a few thousand times on each side, its crazy to see the spectacle unfolding just next to it!

Yeah it is.   But...to be technical The Racer is two coasters, so everything is doubled.  But still...after riding Racer a few thousand times on each side, its crazy to see the spectacle unfolding just next to it!
Of course, I just meant the location of the wave turn in relation to Racer's turnaround.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Love the new view and super excited to be able to see the rest of the track construction.  However, notice that they also turned the camera JUST enough so that you can't see the station anymore, which will also hide any potential theming they are doing there.  I think they're killing two birds with one camera move.....

• Like 5