Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

13 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Tbh I wish it had the light up wheels. But I'm sure they can change it since they did it with Tatsu. I know the company that does the light up wheels is at IAPPA.

I think I would rather see the structure have a cool light package over the trains. 

• Like 8

The support is now finished it seems.  Hopefully tomorrow they will add another piece of track to the 2nd hill.  Since KI opens at 5 on Friday,  I would go back to Orion first thing if anyone wants to take a look at it,  we won't have long to see it,  since the sun is going down fast.

Btw Coney Mall looks great!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Imperial79 said:

The support is now finished it seems.  Hopefully tomorrow they will add another piece of track to the 2nd hill.  Since KI opens at 5,  I would go back to Orion first thing if anyone wants to take a look at it,  we won't have long to see it,  since the sun is going down fast.

Btw Coney Mall looks great!

You mean KI opens Friday at 5 and not tomorrow, right?

17 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Tbh I wish it had the light up wheels. But I'm sure they can change it since they did it with Tatsu. I know the company that does the light up wheels is at IAPPA.

That would look pretty cool, they would look kind of like a comet/shooting star when seen from anywhere in the park.

Looking at the coaster as it stands, that 2nd sideways hill taken at the speeds it will be going, and as high as it is, taller than every coaster besides Diamondback, should provide major hangtime as the second half of the hill steepens at its drop....it should feel awesome and just as you are thinking how awesome that felt, we will be hitting that huge third hill turnaround for a thrilling return home with some headchopping moments as well at least one more awesome hill....I think this is the punk rock Giga.  Short and sweet, it's gonna be hard to beat those first three elements....so get me back as fun as possible so I can ride it again and again!  Short and sweet.  Leave them wanting more in show business.  We have The Beast and Banshee for other long over the top experiences.  Mystic Timbers and Orion will be the shorter-killer rides that get better and better each time.  

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Fishleehooker said:

Looking at the coaster as it stands, that 2nd sideways hill taken at the speeds it will be going, and as high as it is, taller than every coaster besides Diamondback, should provide major hangtime as the second half of the hill steepens at its drop....it should feel awesome and just as you are thinking how awesome that felt, we will be hitting that huge third hill turnaround for a thrilling return home with some headchopping moments as well at least one more awesome hill....I think this is the punk rock Giga.  Short and sweet, it's gonna be hard to beat those first three elements....so get me back as fun as possible so I can ride it again and again!  Short and sweet.  Leave them wanting more in show business.  We have The Beast and Banshee for other long over the top experiences.  Mystic Timbers and Orion will be the 3 minute killer rides that get better and better each time.  

I still cant believe that three hills on Orion manage to be taller than all of Kings Islands coasters (excluding Diamondback). There will also be that speed hill, and the awesome head chopper!

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Kodistict said:

I still cant believe that three hills on Orion manage to be taller than all of Kings Islands coasters (excluding Diamondback). 

That statement reminds me of someone I work with...they always sum up their day’s performance like this...”I got EVERYTHING done...except for...! :P

(No offense intended.)

• Haha 4