Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

46 minutes ago, Captain Nemo said:

It's Racers turn around.

Two different coasters here.  The red is the circle in the original post - disregard that.  The coaster in orange is The Racer's turnaround (left is Blue Racer's turnaround, right is the Red Racer's turnaround).  The coaster I circled in blue is Vortex.

Untitled.png

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

Were you riding with John Mattress in your dream?  ;)

Lol nope. Instead I was riding with my mom who is terrified of heights and falling from them. I did joke about John Matarese before I went to bed last night. Our wifi was out and I was like: "I think we should try and have it make the news. I know someone who can report on it (referencing John M)." lol

37 minutes ago, Fishleehooker said:

The two drops of water are killing me!! New track is going in and a drop of water is keeping us from seeing it!

I concur with this post. There are cranes I can see. I'm assuming more of the overbank is being installed, and I can't see it because of a perfectly placed rain drop!! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The curse has been broken!!

Man....look at that Hill into that huge wave turn?  Absolute perfection.  I think this is gonna be an amazing, flat-out amazing coaster, and it will take such a crowd that Banshee, DB, Beast, and Mystic Timbers should be easier than ever to get on! All good things. But mostly, the grace of that downhill into the wave turn is so pretty!

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Fishleehooker said:

The curse has been broken!!

Man....look at that Hill into that huge wave turn?  Absolute perfection.  I think this is gonna be an amazing, flat-out amazing coaster, and it will take such a crowd that Banshee, DB, Beast, and Mystic Timbers should be easier than ever to get on! All good things. But mostly, the grace of that downhill into the wave turn is so pretty!

I agree with how amazing this coaster is. I really do think it is going to blow away all the naysayers. The only ride i think it will have no affect on is Mystic Timbers. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Hueney020 said:

I agree with how amazing this coaster is. I really do think it is going to blow away all the naysayers. The only ride i think it will have no affect on is Mystic Timbers. 

Let's see here:

Mystic Timbers: 108 ft tall, 56 mph, just over 3,000 ft.

Orion: 287 ft tall, 300 ft drop, 91 mph, over 5,000 feet long. GIGA COASTER.

There is no way Mystic will top Orion. Not trying to be a stickler, but think it through...

Plus, Orion is the only giga coaster that focuses on airtime. Rides like Fury and Leviathan are more about the low to the ground turns. Most people enjoy airtime, which is why I think Orion will be the best giga coaster, even if it is small in every giga way.

EDIT: The whole stats side of the argument, not trying to sound GP. It is just kind of obvious that it will be better than Mystic.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, FitzGorrelCoasters said:

Let's see here:

Mystic Timbers: 108 ft tall, 56 mph, just over 3,000 ft.

Orion: 287 ft tall, 300 ft drop, 91 mph, over 5,000 feet long. GIGA COASTER.

There is no way Mystic will top Orion. Not trying to be a stickler, but think it through...

Plus, Orion is the only giga coaster that focuses on airtime. Rides like Fury and Leviathan are more about the low to the ground turns. Most people enjoy airtime, which is why I think Orion will be the best giga coaster, even if it is small in every giga way.

EDIT: The whole stats side of the argument, not trying to sound GP. It is just kind of obvious that it will be better than Mystic.

Fury focuses on flow to the ground turns? Huh i wonder what coaster i rode that was 325 feet tall at Carowinds then.  

• Like 2