Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

4 minutes ago, TheFloppyDisc said:

I305 is definitely lower to the ground, but both Fury and I305 are speed coasters that stay relatively low to the ground unlike most B&M hypers which have big hills and focus on floater artime.

Agreed. Mill Force the OG has the best of both worlds imo.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, FitzGorrelCoasters said:

Let's see here:

Mystic Timbers: 108 ft tall, 56 mph, just over 3,000 ft.

Orion: 287 ft tall, 300 ft drop, 91 mph, over 5,000 feet long. GIGA COASTER.

There is no way Mystic will top Orion.

I didn’t want to quote the entire post. I am not disagreeing with you. I was not saying myself would think Mystic Timbers would be better. I love Banshee and i love Diamondback. I think Orion is going to be the best coaster at KI for sure. I think it has potential to be top 10 and hope it is even higher than that. That being said  Mystic Timbers has a lower height requirement and is a wood coaster which some prefer. Some GP don’t like tall scary rides even though i do believe that is why Orion is only 287 so it doesn’t look intimidating. 

1 minute ago, Hueney020 said:

I didn’t want to quote the entire post. I am not disagreeing with you. I was not saying myself would think Mystic Timbers would be better. I love Banshee and i love Diamondback. I think Orion is going to be the best coaster at KI for sure. I think it has potential to be top 10 and hope it is even higher than that. That being said  Mystic Timbers has a lower height requirement and is a wood coaster which some prefer. Some GP don’t like tall scary rides even though i do believe that is why Orion is only 287 so it doesn’t look intimidating. 

I will disagree with one thing you said. I feel Orion WILL look intimidating at KI.  I am sure those will see tonight for WInterfest. This is imo.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, FitzGorrelCoasters said:

Let's see here:

Mystic Timbers: 108 ft tall, 56 mph, just over 3,000 ft.

Orion: 287 ft tall, 300 ft drop, 91 mph, over 5,000 feet long. GIGA COASTER.

There is no way Mystic will top Orion. Not trying to be a stickler, but think it through...

Plus, Orion is the only giga coaster that focuses on airtime. Rides like Fury and Leviathan are more about the low to the ground turns. Most people enjoy airtime, which is why I think Orion will be the best giga coaster, even if it is small in every giga way.

EDIT: The whole stats side of the argument, not trying to sound GP. It is just kind of obvious that it will be better than Mystic.

He meant that Orion would have no effect on the lines at Mystic Timbers. I can see that.   Plus I don't think Orion will be necessarily better than Timbers. Totally different. Timbers will probably be a little more FUN, while Orion will be a lot more thrilling.  I think they will offer vastly different experiences, while Diamondback will be pretty similar to Orion and may well see quite shorter lines to reflect this. 

Either way I think Orion will be freaking amazing and one of best coasters in the world.  But its not like there are that many coasters better than Timbers.  

35 minutes ago, Hueney020 said:

Oh, ok, I see what you are saying.

Yea Mystic without a doubt will still continue to have hour long lines next season. 7-12 year olds Love mystic and its small enough and not so intense that the whole fam can ride. The whole fam is not going to ride Orion in alot of cases.

There were days when Fury opened it was a walk on. I would put my personal money on there will be days when mystics line is longer then orion.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

It depends though. May-June is when a lot of schools do field trips to Kings Island. 

Yeah I know. When we went to KI, someone who went with me thought going to amusement parks on field trips was impossible. She thought it was too long of a drive. I have two points. AHEM.

1. How in the world did you get there in the first place?

2. Schools in Indiana take week long field trips to WASHINGTON D.C.!

• Like 1

We all know the back seat is gonna be bonkers on this one. Looking at the trajectory of the second wave hill and how steep it falls down the second half, its' gonna be crazy on the right hand side.  So I think back right is the seat, but only time will tell on this one.  I think the first three hills are THE most perfect first parts of a Giga ever potentially, with a nice second half and no wasted track at all.  I think this will be an A+ ride and am glad I have always believed this will be the best one yet. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, ry.bread said:

The first banked hill is poking up above the front entrance. Looks great in real life!

29508DB2-BB6C-4B97-9A5A-6A3E4BCDCDAE.jpeg

The wave turn really looks good.

On another note....They really need to quit using Haunt's creepy house entrance theme for Winterfest. It looks like The Adam's Family decided to have Christmas. 

• Like 1