Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

Looks like the flatbed truck is going over to load some more track to lay on the supports today!

It looks like they have installed another support as the wave turn drops significantly. So they will likely install a few pieces of tack together to finish off that hill or something like that. There may be a bit more done today, but there is a weather front headed in that could stop them for the day or a few hours at least.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

You’re also going into that element at >90 miles per hour.  It’s going to have a lot of airtime.

Thank you. I couldn’t agree more. All this talk about i don’t know how much floater you are going to get. Who cares. I am not sure what type of feeling i am going to get but i know it’s going to be craziness. You are in those clamshell restraints on an overbanked/wave turn. I am not sure there is an element from B&M that you can even compare it to. I don’t understand all this floater airtime talk. If it doesn’t give you that does it make it not worthy. Like i said i am hoping for a new element that give me a crazy feeling. That to me makes it better and unique. But again hopefully this new element that B&M has not really done before gives some type of crazy feeling. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hueney020 said:

Thank you. I couldn’t agree more. All this talk about i don’t know how much floater you are going to get. Who cares. I am not sure what type of feeling i am going to get but i know it’s going to be craziness. You are in those clamshell restraints on an overbanked/wave turn. I am not sure there is an element from B&M that you can even compare it to. I don’t understand all this floater airtime talk. If it doesn’t give you that does it make it not worthy. Like i said i am hoping for a new element that give me a crazy feeling. That to me makes it better and unique. But again hopefully this new element that B&M has not really done before gives some type of crazy feeling. 

It’s actually pretty similar in shaping to the treble clef on Fury, particularly with the shaping on the arc. 

• Like 1

So I don’t have to find my images again and repost I was at working hard for all during the water drop blur out. I have other updates on there as well if you feel like looking around. 

Also let me know if there are any in particular you would like to see in better resolution.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The way I think I see it, it appears the 3rd hill may be taller than the 2nd.  It also appears that 2nd hill is about the size of Millennium Force's first overbank, which means Orion could be a-flyin' through that turn.  I think that element will have a good combination of weightlessness with some decent laterals as well.  

Remember- this thing will be going into that element at over 90 mph and the 4 across trains hold their momentum better than the V-trains of DB.  

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

The way I think I see it, it appears the 3rd hill may be taller than the 2nd.  It also appears that 2nd hill is about the size of Millennium Force's first overbank, which means Orion could be a-flyin' through that turn.  I think that element will have a good combination of weightlessness with some decent laterals as well.  

Remember- this thing will be going into that element at over 90 mph and the 4 across trains hold their momentum better than the V-trains of DB.  

The 3rd hill is supposed to be 202 ft. That is tall and I am not sure if any coaster has a bigger hill that isn't it's main hill.  Orion's 3rd hill is bigger than any non lift hill on Fury or Leviathan and it's 2nd hill is bigger than the 3rd biggest hill on either coaster..I think.  It should be wild for sure. 

I didn't know the 4 across trains held their momentum better...that's cool to read!

• Like 4

While looking at Orion, I noticed it combined elements of our previous B&M's: it's tall and fast like Diamondback, and that wave turn reminds me of Banshee's zero-g roll.

Also, it's a cool feeling when you walk around the park and Orion has such a presence on the skyline. It's going to be seen from a lot of places in the park, which is really cool.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Fishleehooker said:

The 3rd hill is supposed to be 202 ft. That is tall and I am not sure if any coaster has a bigger hill that isn't it's main hill.  Orion's 3rd hill is bigger than any non lift hill on Fury or Leviathan and it's 2nd hill is bigger than the 3rd biggest hill on either coaster..I think.  It should be wild for sure. 

I didn't know the 4 across trains held their momentum better...that's cool to read!

Steel Dragon 2000's first airtime hill is a whopping 252', and its second is 210'! But Orion's turnaround is definitely B&M's tallest non-lift element.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I went to KI today with a group of friends. I didn't have my Nikon on me, but I had my phone so I of course took pictures. Nothing new than whats been posted, I just thought I'd share! 

Also, who's excited to see then start running test cars, I know its a decent amount of tine away, but i'm still pumped to see (and hear) that car go down that massive hill!

BONUS: I threw in an awesome shot of Vortex!20191124_173144.jpg20191124_173337.jpg20191124_173534.jpg20191124_173835.jpg20191124_173926.jpg20191124_174127.jpg20191124_174140.jpg20191124_173914.jpg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hueney020 said:

Thank you. I was hoping you would post some more photos of that angle. You really get to see how insane that hill is going to be. Absolutely love it. 

Welcome. I’m up in Columbus today and didnt have all day to sit and wait, so these two luckily fit in my schedule today. 

It really does have a serious bank, and even though we have talked about it to no end, seeing it really brings it home. I’m going to say that I would rather have it on more of an overbank like i305 or MF from experiences on those coasters, but this may blow them both away. I’m also wondering how much this will slow it down before going into the turn around as this hill is 187 and the next is 202.

• Like 3

I love Orion, when it was announced I didnt hate or talk bad about it. Like everyone I was a lil sad that it was exactly like the renderings so there wasnt much of a shock element. 

But im sooooo excited to see it in person, more excited to ride.

ONE THING. I just wished they had that wave turn flipped out towards the park. So we can see the riders, kinda like furys wave turn over the bridge. They changed it from facing toward the park to facing the guest walking in when Rob Decker was talking with B&M he wanted that open front gate feel you get with GateKeeper. 

Anyone know why its facing that way or if there even is a reason it faces that way?

• Like 4