Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

Okay so watched the Wildgravitytravels video and took some screen shots. Things of note...

They have taken a large hill and trees out along the right side of the entrance to area 72. Could we possibly see bathrooms here?! Honestly think this is a possibility.
4253f500245d9125ee9a4f7f3f58a4cc.jpg
They have removed the concrete in front of FoF entrance. Not sure why.
191387a0aef1a97a1f60d168475a46ad.jpg
They have extended FoF que structure as seen in the blueprints.
afd6e18a30f7ac23f3cd97f5a5c83dbd.jpg
Here is an overhead google maps showing the cleared land and area of the extended que.
f43239c73f75b5c651a0b90eabe01954.jpg
I’m most curious about that cleared land space as it’s not on the blueprints and we have no indication what it might be. Things are coming along nicely! Here is wildgravitytravels video

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Driver8rws said:

Doesn't the "station" seem incredibly small?   

Is that all of it?  Just the one "hangar" shape? 

Most giga stations aren’t that big (considering how the trains aren’t particularly long). Also it doesn’t really need to be wide considering there will almost certainly be a ride separator keeping the number of people in the station limited.

• Like 2

There are only 8 rows per train on Orion, just like on Banshee.  The trains aren’t long with many rows like Diamondback (16), The Beast (18), Mystic Timbers (12), Vortex (14) and The Racer (15).  Simply put, it doesn’t need a long station.

Edit:  And to add to this, the smaller station and smaller trains are going to give the perception that this ride is bigger than it already is.  The trains on the lift hill will look tiny, and the brake run will look massive compared to the station (lol)

• Like 3

11 hours ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

There are only 8 rows per train on Orion, just like on Banshee.  The trains aren’t long with many rows like Diamondback (16), The Beast (18), Mystic Timbers (12), Vortex (14) and The Racer (15).  Simply put, it doesn’t need a long station.

Yea... I guess so. 

I've ridden the 4 other Cedar Fair gigas and the Orion station just seems smaller.  Maybe it's just the pictures and how BIG everything else around it is... 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Cedar Fair Fanboy said:

You've been waiting for this for so long, but it will be a restroom in AREA 72

I am not completely sure if I want the park to put restrooms there. It may just be me, but I don't know if i want bathrooms to be the first thing I see when walking into a newly themed area. A small restaurant or an Area 72 souvenir shop would be a better thing to put there in my opinion. A flat ride, if it could fit, would be even better.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I remember seeing something about a “prop building” which the queue went through on the blueprints. I couldn’t find the original post. Does anyone remember this? Has anyone heard anything?

Yes, there was a building labeled “Quonset building” and “prop building” on the blueprints, and you can see it on the virtual POV. I haven’t heard anything more specific about it, but I do know generally speaking the ride will be pretty heavily themed. 

• Like 4

According to my 11yo a bit of construction or Area 72 can be seen while riding Zephyr, I'm just taking her word for it because I can't do dethaw quickly enough to ride. And of all things she was most excited to see during Winterfest this weekend was.... a Skyhigh Coasters truck in our hotel parking lot :lol:

• Like 7

4 hours ago, thatguyfromohio said:

d64ad49ab47015db1cf65c3837684942.jpg

Soo kinda on topic, but going through Facebook memories, and I did a little edit to Diamondback. Who would knew that I picked out Orion’s future colors emoji2371.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did you do that?

12 hours ago, KIghostguy said:

Yes, there was a building labeled “Quonset building” and “prop building” on the blueprints, and you can see it on the virtual POV. I haven’t heard anything more specific about it, but I do know generally speaking the ride will be pretty heavily themed. 

That is interesting! Where did you hear that it was going to be heavily themed? I know people have speculated on that, but there wasn’t much word from the park as far as theming goes.

• Like 1

I think it would be realistic to expect something a little less heavy than 'the shed' for Orion. But, to expect it only in the line in that building before the stairs. I will be surprised if anything os notable in the station, let alone the actual ride beyond some audio.

I would guess some sort of 'debriefing' sort of environment, talking about the impending meteor, thanking us for volunteering etc. 

I hope anyways. It'd be nice to bring show room queues back to the island :p

• Like 5

1 hour ago, calakapepe said:

I think it would be realistic to expect something a little less heavy than 'the shed' for Orion. But, to expect it only in the line in that building before the stairs. I will be surprised if anything os notable in the station, let alone the actual ride beyond some audio.

I would guess some sort of 'debriefing' sort of environment, talking about the impending meteor, thanking us for volunteering etc. 

I hope anyways. It'd be nice to bring show room queues back to the island :p

I agree with you 300%. A roller coaster is a ride. A roller coaster with a story is an experience. 

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, CoastersRZ said:

I find it interesting that the old Firehawk photo booth is still standing.  I wonder if any theming will be applied to it/in it.

The area behind the counter and the counter itself is gutted. I would say there will be something interesting in there, especially since it will be used as the entrance.

A20CFBBD-88DC-4169-9BBB-495559A374D6.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2