Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

They took down the rest of that support and moved the cranes. They must have done the rest of it this morning in the rain. Makes me wonder what the urgency is...And I say that with watching as long as it took them to get that up yesterday. They worked on it until two in the afternoon before they even put up the rear support. The attempted capping off of those supports was a little bit before 430. By 445 the cap was down and 530 they had the front support down. 

6 hours ago, MDMC01 said:

While driving to Winterfest last night, I noticed that Orion and Diamondback look like dueling coasters from a distance as the track seems to mimic each other.

Heading east on Western Row Rd there's a spot were they match up almost perfectly. 

• Like 3

On 12/13/2019 at 11:55 AM, Waltny said:

@JonahWilliamson You going to procam in Amelia? That in itself is a little jaunt from the park and the traffic should be somewhat manageable back to the park by then. Are you coming down 71 to 275 to 32 to get there? You may hit traffic that way and add about 30 mins for cutting across Columbus on 71. The closer you get the south end of town the worse it will get. Last stupid question, why not go to Midwest photo which is a slight detour there in Columbus? Anyhow, safe travels and hope you enjoy the time. 

Hey thanks for keeping an eye out for me, cool having other enthusiasts help me out! I went to Procam because I know the owner and always told myself when I buy my camera I'm getting it in Cincy, didnt want to spend that money for a box in the mail wanted to go into a store lol. 

Anyways. ORION, anyone who hasnt seen it yet. When people say on here pictures dont do it justice. They really really dont. It's huge, very very steep. Gives Diamondbacks drop a bloated look. The coaster is definitely menacing. 

• Like 4

I think an extra thousand feet of length that would’ve allowed it to explore and utilize the topography east of the dinasaurs alive path could’ve made this ride the best in the world. Unfortunately steel prices and construction costs are very high right now and I don’t feel like waiting through a recession for KI to get it’s giga so I’m happy with what we’re getting. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was just about to say I think they are putting the tallest support for the turn-around back in right now. I can’t believe they’re working in this weather but glad that appears to be fixed!

1 minute ago, TheFloppyDisc said:

I think we may have gotten our answer about why the support wasn't put together on Friday.  Looks like they got an extra boom piece put on the end of the third crane to make it taller.  Seems like they might be putting up the support now as well.

ExtraBoom.JPG

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Beast Night Rider said:

I was just about to say I think they are putting the tallest support for the turn-around back in right now. I can’t believe they’re working in this weather but glad that appears to be fixed!

I believe I remember the year Banshee was being built, we had a harsh winter and the workers worked through it. Including in the bitter cold and snowy weather.

• Like 5